Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hey gang, a newby here, but have been a Poncho guy for close to 40 yrs. now. I put a 69 Tempest Custom S to bed about 30 yrs ago and never touched until now. It needs alot of work but now that the kids are gone it time to wake her up again. You'll be seeing more from me asking for advise. Thanks for the invite btw.

PS please don't bash the square headlights setup. I'm a welder and fabricated them from a 99 sunbird. I like the design but trying to figure out a decent grill design, maybe a floating tubular grill. I have the original headlight buckets and may go back to that but would need original grill pieces. 

CUSTOM S 004 - Copy.jpg

CUSTOM S 006.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

You don't see many Custom S on the road these days. Welcome to FP by the way!

They are truly a one year wonder. Is it a 350 or 400?

Thanks to the aftermarket a lot of the A-body parts are re-poped. So you should be able to find most of what you need. I changed the eggshell grille of my '72 LeMans to hexagon/honeycomb by ordering some inexpensive hexagon metal out of Chicago and then painting it. Since Pontiac has long used the honeycomb on their grilles, retro fitting it on your car might be a cool look. JUSTA suggestion.

Yeah you'll hear from me from more than less me thinks. Its a 350 block switched over to a 4bbl.QJ, I'm about to install a smaller cam than the one I put in 30yrs ago. (way to bumpy)

Funny thing here, when I started the grillwork project , I just bought a tool cage panel but in hindsight I could of cut diagonally to get the diamond look  Brilliant

4 hours ago, 69 Custom s guy said:

Yeah you'll hear from me from more than less me thinks. Its a 350 block switched over to a 4bbl.QJ, I'm about to install a smaller cam than the one I put in 30yrs ago. (way to bumpy)

Funny thing here, when I started the grillwork project , I just bought a tool cage panel but in hindsight I could of cut diagonally to get the diamond look  Brilliant

A fellow club member has a white Custom S. He has the '69 spoiler on it too (his is a post car too). It looks good with the spoiler I must say. His is also a 350 car.

Diamond would also look cool since they used it on the 71 GTOs and Judges. The Judges were black and the regular Goats were chrome.

Edited by Frosty

On 7/12/2017 at 7:17 PM, JUSTA6 said:

Welcome to FP.  Lots of knowledgeable Pontiac fanatic's round here to help out if we can.

Mostly Lunatics though,especially indymanjoe..LOL welcome aboard!