Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Pontiac Restorations

I'm finally getting somewhere with my Pontiac Bonneville convertible restoration so I thought it might be a fun thing to post some pic and see if others would like to also. Looking forward to seeing your progress pics, Bud. I finished the firewall forward, only to find that when I removed the windshield ( well it's self evident in the second pic. I have since repaired the damage but can't upload in this post. More pics to follow. Come on guys, Sent some of your progress.Bud

1498511596877.jpg

1499105117743.jpg

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thanks for sharing Bud.

Yikes - Is this rust damage I am seeing or some past shoddy repair job that's gotten worse with time?

Please share your interior pictures when you are able to. You will see my adventures with Lucy, my '72 Lemans convertible scattered all over this forum. The latest was with the convertible top. That's posted in the What Did You Do To You Car Today thread.

I always love to see other people's works-in-progress. It inspires me and gives me ideas for the future.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can't seem to upload from my camera any more. My first picture uploaded and it's 750 mb now, I'm only allowed 488. Any ideas what I can do? Anyway I've been restoring the rear of the car new gas tank ,muffler, pipes, shocks, brakes lines etc. If Anyone can help me upload my pics then you can SEE my progress. But without pics it's sort of a dull feature. Bud

• Founders
2 hours ago, Bud Sisto said:

I can't seem to upload from my camera any more. My first picture uploaded and it's 750 mb now, I'm only allowed 488. Any ideas what I can do?

750mb is HUGE for a picture. Did you mean 7.5mb? You're only allowed 5mb per post in your current, "newbie" group. Once you get 10 posts you'll move up a group and be able to upload more. 

If you need to upload more than that you can utilize an external website like imgur.com  then copy the image's URL here and it will embed it.

Got a converter. This side is done. I'm currently working on  the other. New tank refurbished original straps. You can't get the same quality in repro. Stainless pipe clamps, fuel line and sending unit. I know they're not original, but I replaced all the bolts with stainless. That's an nos pleasurizer shock. I bought nos pleasure-lift air shocks but they don't seem to extend as far as the regular shocks so I nixed them for now. Anyone know if they're supposed to be that way? Seems that they would be correct for a smaller model. I'll update more regular since I can now convert the pictures. Thanks for all the responses. Bud

0829170947-3984x2241[1].jpg

0829170945-3984x2241[1].jpg

This is a night photo of the pass side I needed to finish. De rusted, rust reformer sprayed and chassis black topcoat. Yet to install the new muffler, pipe hangers (stainless) and new brake line and hardware. I'm so glad I'll be out from under the car for a while while I sand and seal the body panels. I'm using Rustoleum rust converter spray. It is an excellent paint if you never want to see rust again, but a topcoat should be applied soon after. All for now. Will post more soon Bud. P.S. thanks for the comments!!!

0831172233-3984x2241[1].jpg