Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

I was looking at lowering springs for my 06 pursuit the other day and i ran into a few problems. The guy said that i might need to get some special blots for the front and back that alow you to adjust the stock suspension 2 degress each way. Now i have heard people have just put the springs on with no problems because the stock suspension has enough room to adjust that i dont need them. Does anyone know this for a fact? its big money to install the bolts cause they go behind the breaks. The second thing im worried about is i live in canada. is lowing my car 1.5" going to give me problems driving in the winter with snow?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Lowering ur car and snow will more than likely not mix well. What you got to think about it making it over snow banks and clearing whatever else ends up on road. Depending how your camber is affected by lowering it may affect traction. If I lived somewhere with snow i wouldnt do it. But if it doesnt work you can always take lowering springs off.

Lowering ur car and snow will more than likely not mix well...

:lol2: and i think you should be fine jus replacing the springs with a drop of 2" or less. if more than 2" then ya, camber adjustment. and stock with adjustment, even if it can move very little, i think should work.

• Founders

Really depends where you are to drop during winter. Personally if I lived in Canada I wouldn't unless I switched back to stock in winter or had another car but all up to you. Note is I've only once driven in snow in a manual Ford Focus so don't take me too seriously but still think over it.

Your stock shocks will wear out 5x faster. Upgrade to a more "performance" shock.

I'm in Detroit and lowered, you will be fine.

Anything less than 2" drop wont need camber kit. Just an alignment.

I used to Drive my old Sunfire in the winter and it was lowered 2".

The Money I made at the end of the winter from the City For Snow Plowing the streets was great LOL.

But seriously you should be fine in the winter if you are careful and not go any lower than 2" Drop.

Not sure what type of environment you live in... But here in the city, when / if they plow the street the big pile of crap at the end of the driveway is the hard part to get over...

I couldn't do it before drop, now its going to be hell even if i shovel.

They do make drop kits for the Pursuit. Check out www.jbodyperformance.com these guys really know their stuff and pride themselves specializing in those cars. As for driving in the snow it depends on how well your streets are plowed. My road does not get plowed very well so I am not sure if I want to lower the Vibe, or the Cavalier yet. I do know people with lowered cars in Canada and they are just selective about what roads to take.

Where in Canada are you from?