Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Lexus LFA

Ringo64

• Founders

The first half of the video, I'm not gonna lie I was kinda impressed in a Toyota product then at the end when it just barely won against the GT-R all of that went away. V10 vs V8 and the V10 just barely wins, oh wait its a Toyota thats why. Thing weighs probably under half the GT-R's weight as well.

Also looks like they ripped off the design of a 370z, Lambo, Cadillac CTS and a Chrysler Crossfire.

Oh and the way Toyota likes to do its electric engineering, I foresee HUGE problems with that LCD computerized tachometer

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so way to go....?

A 300,000 dollar car barely beats a 80,000 car. Not to mention 300,000 dollar car would lose badly to a 100,000 dollar Vette ZR-1, Pretty much any Ferrari under 300,000, and prob a few others

Not impressed but then again its Toyota, not exactly a company with ANY kind of performance car pedigree.

ZR1 or just a vette is still the best bang for your buck!

Also looks like they ripped off the design of a 370z, Lambo, Cadillac CTS and a Chrysler Crossfire

also looks like an Audi R8 from the back.

so way to go....?

A 300,000 dollar car barely beats a 80,000 car. Not to mention 300,000 dollar car would lose badly to a 100,000 dollar Vette ZR-1, Pretty much any Ferrari under 300,000, and prob a few others

Not impressed but then again its Toyota, not exactly a company with ANY kind of performance car pedigree.

:willy_nilly::D:blink:

• Founders

so way to go....?

Whole reason of the thread :willy_nilly:

I was in agreement up until here. Toyota does have racing Pedigree, but the company really has just lost it's way.

The Celica, and it's WRC history:

Toyota_Celica_GT-FOUR_02.jpg

DSC01247.JPG

1970-toyota-celica-histor-17_460x0w.jpg

Toyota_Celica_GT-FOUR_01.jpg

The Toyota GT-One:

toyota_gtone8.jpg

autowp.ru_toyota_gt-one_3.jpg

The Toyota Erbo Minolta race car:

hasegawa-cc4.jpg

Toyota had a big presence in F1:

glock_toy_vale_08pre.jpg

Toyota_F1.jpg

f1_toyota_timo-glock.jpg

And of course, the JGTC racing history:

654164274_9b2097845f.jpg?v=0

supra_jgtc1024.jpg

1995fuji009.jpg

p177070_large%20Toyota_MRS_Spyder%20Parked.jpg

ARTA_A_PEXi_MR-S_-_GT300_JGTC_03.JPG

mrs031.jpg

sport_celica.jpg

kosei_celica.jpg

lexusSC430-JGTC500-001.jpg

Owned.

jk, I'm not fighting the fact that it's a Toyota at heart or that its slower than a Corvette. I like the fact that it's more rare than a Corvette.

I like the fact that you CANNOT buy one outright. You have to get it on a 2 year lease and then you can buy it afterwards. Toyota (Lexus)'s way of making sure they are not purchased and resold for more than they are worth.

I just cant get passed two things its a toyota, its a 400,000 car that can barely beat an 80,000 car as well as many, many other car well under 400,000.

edit what dummy thought it was a good idea to only lease them. Mark im sure your right but still sounds stupid to me.

the gt-r is a twin turbo'd v6 as for the LFA is a 10 cyl n/a.

i actually have to back up that toyota does have a good history in making powerful cars but as for the new age cars, the LFA is the only thing that toyota has going for them since they got rid of the supra. scion isn't doing too bad for toyota since a scion tc owns the world record for time attack in the FWD class at the moment.

i honestly would love to have the LFA and actually PURCHASE the car but i dont think that will ever happen in my lifetime. lol

the gt-r is a twin turbo'd v6 as for the LFA is a 10 cyl n/a.

i actually have to back up that toyota does have a good history in making powerful cars but as for the new age cars, the LFA is the only thing that toyota has going for them since they got rid of the supra. scion isn't doing too bad for toyota since a scion tc owns the world record for time attack in the FWD class at the moment.

i honestly would love to have the LFA and actually PURCHASE the car but i dont think that will ever happen in my lifetime. lol

See my post above, sir.

I don't think even if this was pocket change to me I could justify spending $400 grand on this car.

$400,000 for Lexus (Toyota) LFA vs $85-$90,000 for the Nissan GTR and the performance difference is negligible at best? Horseshit! GTR gets my vote.

• Founders

Yea its just the fact its a Toyota, let alone the Lexus brand which I think is already an overpriced pile of poop.

Corvette ZR1s would be my choice if I had that money, at least I know I wouldn't be getting an overpriced pile of poop lol. Let alone save about $270k.

• Founders
' date='Jun 30 2010, 04:39 PM' post='31222']

I'll repeat myself, the motor/trans is NOT built by Toyota.

Eh built by Yamaha but Toyota still decided to put it in their car.

It may be a Toyota chassis, but there's a lot of motors Yamaha has built for other companies.

Remember the old Taurus SHOs?

Toyota did their homework for this car, although it's pretty obvious their attention was too much on this considering how bad their reputation has gotten. :lol2: