Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

my introduction

Hey guys. Tired of the same ol' thread titles? You all know what's goin' on so here I go :lol2: ...

Name is Aaron. I'm on my fourth Pontiac since I started driving. I had an '84 6000 with the 2.8L v6 in high school then an '85 2.3L 4cyl after that. Went through a couple Chevy's, an Oldsmobile, and a Buick before I came back to Pontiac with my first new car purchase... a 2000 Grand Am GT1 coupe. Got it in arctic white with leather and all options. I've been the only owner and it just turned over 60,000 miles. I also have a teal green '97 Grand Prix GT sedan that I use as a daily driver now. Only a few mods on that... it's got 170,000 miles on it. Mostly I just try and keep it running and reliable, because the Grand Am can be a little more "tempermental" with all it's mods. :)

Little bit about me... I come from a car family of course. The parents have three corvettes, '73 convertible, '96 coupe, and an '03 convertible. Started working on cars with my dad, who is a parts department manager at a Chevy dealer in Michigan. My brother has a '73 Nova, and an '03 Mini Cooper S, and runs a shop in MI tuning Mini's. I live in Florida and build X-ray scanners for a living. When I'm not working or working on the cars, I like the typical guy stuff... action movies, video games, going to the gym, etc. Basically I'm just a true gear head. I can appreciate a lot of different kinds of cars as long as they are modified correctly and tastefully.

Anyway, I'll put up a few pics of the GA for you. Way too many mods to list, but here are the key points:

magnacharger SC kit, heads/cam/headers on a stock short block, rebuilt tranny with LSD and raybestos clutches, fully modded suspesion and Baer 13" brakes, RK sport body kit. I also do my own tuning with a DHP powertuner. Here is a link to my cardomain page if you want more info. 2000 grand am Enjoy! :)

2386317070052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

2962813310052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

2127882250052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

2092705200052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this car caused buelemia for me. i saw the front end and was like OM NOM NOM, then i saw the back end and vomited. very CLEAN ride tho. just hate the rear bumper. i want motor pics!

this car caused buelemia for me. i saw the front end and was like OM NOM NOM, then i saw the back end and vomited. very CLEAN ride tho. just hate the rear bumper. i want motor pics!

coffington.png

Function over form, d00d.

:cheers:

I honestly have never seen that bumper before but i like it cuz its different than most GA owners do. keep up the good work.

I'll have to take a look at your cardomain page. i would love to see some engine work as well as i like to view the all around car in general.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I did the SC and a lot of the performance mods well before I got the body kit. I wanted power first, and I just didn't like any of the other kits out at the time. I was waiting for something better looking and higher quality to be produced. Anyway, here are a couple engine pics.

2316755040052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

2858828310052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

1445376244052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

1445383750052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

dynoslip? how do you have 300+ whp and only run a 13.9? ur in FL so elevation shouldn't play a factor. i mean really, my GTO stock should be something like 290ish whp and im gunna say it runs faster than a 13.9. I know gears and RWD make a diff but wtf.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I did the SC and a lot of the performance mods well before I got the body kit. I wanted power first, and I just didn't like any of the other kits out at the time. I was waiting for something better looking and higher quality to be produced. Anyway, here are a couple engine pics.

*ASSORTED ARTWORK*

Delicious boosted LA1. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

@ Crimson: The 4T45E trans saps a lot of the motor's powerband, the car could be faster, the 4T45E sucks that much.

dynoslip? how do you have 300+ whp and only run a 13.9? ur in FL so elevation shouldn't play a factor. i mean really, my GTO stock should be something like 290ish whp and im gunna say it runs faster than a 13.9. I know gears and RWD make a diff but wtf.

dyno sheets/time slips are on the last page of my cardomain. Dates on them are far apart which is part of the reason for the discrepancy. I don't get to the track often and last time was over a year ago. Running full street trim with subs in the trunk and everything. Also high power FWD automatic with 225 width street tires don't make for good launches or shifts. My 60' times were only 2.2-2.3. Biggest problem was I was getting KR through all of third gear. It would get to the end of the track and acceleration would just die. After doing a lot more tuning I've got rid of most of that, and the dyno was a good 6-9 months after the track.

I'm continually working on the tune, and I made the dyno pulls on a 2.4" pulley and have a 2.2" on now, so I expect next time I'll handily beat my old track time and dyno numbers. No idea when that will be though, I'm working a lot right now. It takes time. I'm sure I could run a much better time with some drag radials too, but I don't have the money for another set of wheels and tires I'm only going to use 1-2 times a year. I've set up the car to be an all around performer. To still be good on the street but be able to handle drag racing and track days or autocross too. I'm sure I could make it a better drag car, but that would compromise the others. :D

' date='Jun 25 2010, 05:03 PM' post='30782']

Of course sir. Stick around enough, and my title as GA guru here will be taken. :lol2:

so may your chance for POTM. :lol2:

no i wasn't doubting validity i was just confused at how something can be that light, have that much hp, and not be way faster at the track. just wanted an explanation which i got. BRAVO