Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

hey you guys are doing all the work , really appreciate this ... if the guage / cluster or the whole thing is mint then i have no problem , paying what you think is fair , if you think it,s a couple a bucks too high but it,s mint grab it if you can ...i haven,t had 1 working since i had the car , almost 8 yrs , just need this and dash pad has 1 crack in it fixed, then car is finally done .. wooo hooo ...lol... $$$$$,s of dollars later , could have done worse i suppose , gambling , women , booze , hmmmmmmmmmm might have to rethink that ...lmao ...cheers guys thanks again , from across the pond ...cheers

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Replacement dash pads are available for the aftermarket. They just are not as cheap as you'd like them to be.

Yeah, re-think the gambling, booze, and women thing again.....at least we'd all understand that one completely. You'd be poor, have a bad liver and rug rats to show for it but at least you had a helluva good time getting there. Ah memories!

Edited by Frosty

Frosty, I think those prices are fair. It's hard to put a price on parts that are basically obsolete when you really need them.

One thing that I didn't see Scarlit, is what exactly is the speedometer doing or not doing! Are you 100% sure it's the speedometer? Not a cable or tranny speedometer gear? Just a question, but I didn't see any description of the speedometer issue, so I think it needs asked before you buy something that doesn't fix the problem.

30 minutes ago, Last Indian said:

Frosty, I think those prices are fair. It's hard to put a price on parts that are basically obsolete when you really need them.

One thing that I didn't see Scarlit, is what exactly is the speedometer doing or not doing! Are you 100% sure it's the speedometer? Not a cable or tranny speedometer gear? Just a question, but I didn't see any description of the speedometer issue, so I think it needs asked before you buy something that doesn't fix the problem.

Excellent observation.

ah memories are right ...lol... no worries about rug rats snipped that years ago..lol... the cable has been checked bought a brand new from ames for the tci turbo 400 works fine , and the old works as well , just won,t attach to the gauge , something is stripped could be gear , but i,m no mechanic , never got the gene passed down ,my Dad was a tractor trailer mechanic for 50 yrs , my brother is a gm electronics tech at a dealership for 25 yrs ..me ...i,m ""THE WHEEL MAN ""  got a engine i run it , HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR , D9N bulldozer.. work for the government landfill ... sweet gig ...once ya get past the smell ???? you got her licked ...lmao, took about a year of throwing up , too stick with it ...25yrs later.... now retired :)  

Well, if I follow you correctly it's the guts and probably could be fixed so I would at least keep it as a possible repair for a backup. Does the speedometer work but not the odometer or neither? 

If it's neither the worm gear that runs off the cable drive, behind the mag drive, is bad and preventing the mag drive from moving. If it's the odometer worm gear or the spur gear so just the odometer doesn't work than it's in that area. 

See attach pics, the one that's a cutaway is actually from a Porsche, but you get the idea.

E55A161B-21DB-4F72-9AAB-3F7E0954AA3E-816-000000C7A5BDFB53.jpeg

029E2CF5-4F35-4413-8706-4593FF4505DA-816-000000C9717F6750.jpeg

Hey ...Justa ...thanks again for trying truly appreciate the effort A+... think i will check out the site SPRINT 6 was mentioning take it from there ...cheers to all who were helping , ""GREAT COMMUNITY "" ...