Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

new here

hey every one i just stumbled on to this site, im the events coordinator for a club called GM TUNERZ, i drive a 98 sunfire 2door 5spd, it doesnt have a whole lot done to it atm so im not gonna list anything

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here ya go

33067220418_large.jpg

33067220417_large.jpg

33067220434_large.jpg

33067220501_large.jpg

' date='Jun 22 2010, 10:51 PM' post='30388']

Welcome to the site.

What's the plan for the ol' J-body?

well not to much for now, getting a 2.25" exhaust soon, an ebay intake with a decent filter, and then im not sure, probly work on the sound system a bit more

Welcome to the site!!

IMO, you're better off just getting yourself a cone filter and putting it right on the end of your MAF sensor.. I bought an ebay intake and it gave me better sound, but my engine lagged.. badly. Took the extra pipe out and put it right on my MAF, sounds amazing, and I gained power! Otherwise, 2.25 exhaust -- :woot:

and I'll never fight with a man wanting a better system.. my van's got the beats, haha. Nice sunfire, good work!

well not to much for now, getting a 2.25" exhaust soon, an ebay intake with a decent filter, and then im not sure, probly work on the sound system a bit more

One of my friends has an LN2 Cavy, I'd recommend his exhaust setup:

Pacesetter header

2" exhaust

Stock cat

No resonator

Magnaflow muffler

He's got no rasp, and it's a deep, low tone. Not loud either.

IMO, you're better off just getting yourself a cone filter and putting it right on the end of your MAF sensor.. I bought an ebay intake and it gave me better sound, but my engine lagged.. badly. Took the extra pipe out and put it right on my MAF, sounds amazing, and I gained power! Otherwise, 2.25 exhaust -- :)

sunfires dont have a MAF sensor, and the ebay intake im getting is the same size as my current intake so it shouldnt decrease performance

and i plan on having almost that same exhaust set up except i already got dual exhaust with 2 fart cans(dont worry there not loud and annoying) and im getting the pacesetter header, 2.25" exhaust, magnaflow hi-flow cat, then im gonna start working on the internals of the engine

get a CAI, way better then a WAI. the black and gold are nice but Id say paint the upper have of the front bumper gold to match the car, cause right now it look like you just slappped a bumper on there. but besides that the car looks good man.

the one im getting is CAI and im gonna put a good filter on it

and you wont believe how much i got ragged on for that on the JBO for not painting the top of the bumper, but truthfully i dont think i'd like it myself

sunfires dont have a MAF sensor, and the ebay intake im getting is the same size as my current intake so it shouldnt decrease performance

and i plan on having almost that same exhaust set up except i already got dual exhaust with 2 fart cans(dont worry there not loud and annoying) and im getting the pacesetter header, 2.25" exhaust, magnaflow hi-flow cat, then im gonna start working on the internals of the engine

Since the LN2 is a pushrod motor, IIRC, LSx parts can work (valves, lifters, springs etc) and a good port and polish, and a good cam will help out. Although the only way to really get power is boost.

As for the intake, delete all the intake resonators, even te one right above the throttle body, and you'll get the most from the intake setup.

*Edit*

Darren's chop looks good, I'd redo the bumper like that, makes the two tone more fluid.

see i dont think i'd ever get used to that, i mean it looks good, but i cant see me actually doing it to the car

and here is how my intake is currently

33067220313_large.jpg

haha yeah, ive cleaned it up since that pic was taken, my valve cover and the intake are flat black