Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

1 hour ago, JUSTA6 said:

Different heads...but I know those 6 slugs.   :P

2518079_38_full.gif

Copy that! Did you see the piston cooling jets? 

16 minutes ago, Professur said:

I'll bet those heads aren't torqued correctly.

We don’t torque bolts any more! We tighten them to an angle of rotation  :blink:!

aluminum block, steel insert sleeves, oil jets and soon electric motors! It’s true the world is flat!

Did you see the piston cooling jets?

I actually double taked on that. Weird

We don’t torque bolts any more! We tighten them to an angle of rotation

planet.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/8/2017 at 9:37 AM, Last Indian said:

Copy that! Did you see the piston cooling jets? 

We don’t torque bolts any more! We tighten them to an angle of rotation  :blink:!

aluminum block, steel insert sleeves, oil jets and soon electric motors! It’s true the world is flat!

Cooling jets are new to me.  Pretty cool.

15 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Cooling jets are new to me.  Pretty cool.

Cooling jets cool the underside crown of the piston to help control combustion temps.

15 hours ago, 360Rocket said:

Well I am a bit OCD when it comes to oil and oil changes. best oil, rigid oil change schedule, and a consistent maintenance schedule.

GTO- Royal Purple Full Synthetic with a Royal Purple or K&N oil filter EVERY 3,000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first which has always been 6 months.

C6 Corvette- Mobil 1 5W30 Full Synthetic with a Mobil 1 filter or K&N oil filter. EVERY 3,000 miles or 6 months which is usually at 3K miles.

NOW, before I complete EITHER oil change above I drain the old oil, remove old filter, replace with STP oil of similar viscosity and a new filter and run the engine for @ 10 minutes and then drain, replace filter again. THEN I add the above listed oils and filters.

YES its overkill, yes its more expensive but I've never lost an engine, I've never gotten less than 140K miles out of my engines, and I sleep better at night. I gotta chuckle at those that try and squeeze every last mile out of their oil they can and complain of the price of oil. Compare it to the price of spun bearings or a engine rebuild and I think you'll AGREE that the price of an oil change is nominal.

That’s what I’m talkin bout! Kind of my point in past posts!

A quick note with more aluminum motors being produced and the advent of things like oil cooling jets, be careful if any of you judge oil by color or opacity! Aluminum oxide has now clouded that result to some degree masking the oxidation properties with a blackening effect, (aluminum oxide). You’ll need to change how you look at it.

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1