Forums Gone... but not forgotten!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Welcome to Forever Pontiac

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

LiveRiveted64

New to me 1964 Bonneville Vista

Wanted to say hello to all the fellow Pontiac enthusiasts. I recently purchased a 1964 Bonneville Vista. The hope is to make a few upgrades to brakes and suspension in preparation for towing my 1964 Airstream Safari. I was hoping to find anyone that would have any information about the towing capacity of the Bonneville. It has the stock 389, 2 barrel with the Hydromatic transmission. Also, does anyone have any experience with adding a hitch receiver and which brand/manufacturer may be best. Appreciate any and all assistance.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:welcomeFP:  Got any pics of the Bonnie?

You may wish to check out our suspension and brake section for more info on what you're looking for and always welcome to ask in there as well to gain attention to your question:

https://foreverpontiac.com/forum/16-pontiac-suspension-brakes-rims-amp-tires/

I'll see if I can add more. Most of my files are too large

IMG_1081.PNG

What is engine code on your car.??  It is a three digit alpa numeric code located on the front pass side of engine block just below the cylinder head..the number just above it is the production #...there are 37 different engine combinations available in 1964..

Nice car..

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP

I'm picking the car up on Wednesday. I'll get back to you with the specifics. Thanks for the reply 

OK ..once I know what the code is..will be able to tell exactly what you have..then can go from there..look forward to it...

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 1