Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Cruise In 5/20/17

There is a small town about 15 miles from my house, and tonight they had a cruise-in. Pretty small potatoes, I would say there were maybe 25 cars at the most, but it was a cool mix of cars which was completely unexpected. 

http://s931.photobucket.com/user/us_strat/slideshow/Show_5_20_17?sort=4

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

8 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Thankz for sharing.  I did see a Pontiac in the background.  Great mix of rides.

You saw a '65 Lemans convertible with GTO badges. It is one of my pet peeves when folks do this. Be proud of your Lemans and show it as a beautiful 1965 Lemans convertible. I no longer take pictures these cars and it was the only Pontiac at the cruise-in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stratman said:

You saw a '65 Lemans convertible with GTO badges. It is one of my pet peeves when folks do this. Be proud of your Lemans and show it as a beautiful 1965 Lemans convertible. I no longer take pictures these cars and it was the only Pontiac at the cruise-in.

I was going to joke about it's  NOT a carshow/cruise night til the Pontiac's show up.  Then noticed in the background.....

Ahh the great debate, on one hand I'm glad to see the old car still on the road and most important, the owner having fun with it.  Then there are the guys that try and screw people into BUYING their assortment of junk as original.  The purest are a dwindling group. Trailered the car and will spend the next week cleaning the dust off for the next show.  These guys are very important to our hobby, without them, most of us wouldn't know what real factory is all about. The research alone is more than most of us would even consider taking on.  Most everything you see nowdays will have some cheap repop items,  modern upgrades (even if its safety items such as disk brakes) or cosmetic modifications such as rims/tires, performance upgrades, even if they go back to period correct cool.   I'm as guilty as anyone with my GTO build.  Just added the console and his/hers shifter that was never an option for a 66.  So where do we really draw the line in the sand?  Is this a guy that admits it's a clone right off?  or the guy that's gonna stand there and tell you that you don't know what your talkin about.  When he should clearly shut his mouth before you start pickin the whole thing apart in front of him.  Then there's the guy that drove his car to the show claiming to be the purest, but he's missing the factory info stickers,  the factory grease pencil check marks, runs a DIE HARD battery, rain X wipers, ect ect.  We have all added our own touches to make these rides OURS.  Could be factory items that were not on our build sheet or the great debate on using factory trim rings/or not  for our rally rims. To me it's about the owner's pride in what he has opened his wallet on and busted his knuckles to accomplish, then takes it out and pulls down miles of smiles at every stoplight and has a complete blast every minute of driving his/her beast.  Even if it's listening to period correct music from a CD.  I totally agree stratman that owners should be proud to to show their Leman/Tempest as what it is, instead of rebadging to something it's not.  But most owners are buying someone elses OLD projects, VERY few of us own our original cars from the period.  

• Like 2

Well said , JUSTA. I guess i was overly harsh. It just kind of rubbed me the wrong way that he has the only Pontiac there, it's a very nice "65 Lemans 'vert, and he's got a mixture of Lemans and GTO badging on it. Oh well.. truth is I'm just jealous because I don't have a car to show and i would take that Lemans in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, stratman said:

There is a small town about 15 miles from my house, and tonight they had a cruise-in. Pretty small potatoes, I would say there were maybe 25 cars at the most, but it was a cool mix of cars which was completely unexpected. 

http://s931.photobucket.com/user/us_strat/slideshow/Show_5_20_17?sort=4

Cool Show ... nice assortment of cars.