Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Marvel or DC

Ringo64

• Founders

Which do you guys prefer?

I like Marvel movies better (apart from the Dark Knight which is might favorites trilogy) and DC TV shows (Flash, Arrow, Legends, etc...)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I have always been a DC Comic book fan over Marvel. So Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Firestorm, Flash, Green Lantern, New Teen Titans, and Legion of Super Heroes were my choice of comic superheroes. I am pleased with the DC TV shows up to this point. Right now though, there appears to be no tie in with the DC movie universe. I think this could be a mistake keeping the two separate. Time will tell.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is well established with a plethora of movies to its credit, most of them a commercial success. I have like the tie in/effects the movies have had to Agents of SHIELD. I have liked Phil Coulson in the early Marvel movies and I would not mind seeing him coming back to the movies again from time to time, for at least some comedic / tension relief.

• Like 1

• Founders
50 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I am pleased with the DC TV shows up to this point. Right now though, there appears to be no tie in with the DC movie universe. I think this could be a mistake keeping the two separate. Time will tell.

Agreed. A lot of the re-adaption between the two is losing me. 

I think we lose something with two different actors playing Flash between the TV shows and the movies. Mind you, I don't expect Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, or Ben Affleck to show up on Supergirl or Flash anytime soon either.

• Like 1

Way back, I was all Marvel .. principally for one reason ... realism. Yeah, realism. In comics.  All the Marvel comic took place on Earth. The Baxter building was in Manhattan. Not Metropolis. The Thing had HUGE feet and when he picked up a car to throw at someone, they showed his feet sinking into the ground. He wasn't lifting a building wearing size 9 Dockers. They put limits on people and powers .. or at least they tried. A dripping wet Human Torch couldn't ignite. The Thing got knocked on his ass. There were exceptions ... Ironman's batbelt armour with an impossible array of just in time gadgets being the prime example. But Stan Lee and Jack Kirby insisted that even their Gods be limited.  At least, that's how it was back 30 years ago. Today, with all the reboots and retcons ...  Remember back when Wonder Woman had an invisible plane? When did Aquaman suddenly become almost as strong as Superman?

• Founders
27 minutes ago, Professur said:

Way back, I was all Marvel .. principally for one reason ... realism. Yeah, realism. In comics.  All the Marvel comic took place on Earth. The Baxter building was in Manhattan. Not Metropolis. The Thing had HUGE feet and when he picked up a car to throw at someone, they showed his feet sinking into the ground. He wasn't lifting a building wearing size 9 Dockers. They put limits on people and powers .. or at least they tried. A dripping wet Human Torch couldn't ignite. The Thing got knocked on his ass. There were exceptions ... Ironman's batbelt armour with an impossible array of just in time gadgets being the prime example. But Stan Lee and Jack Kirby insisted that even their Gods be limited.  At least, that's how it was back 30 years ago. Today, with all the reboots and retcons ...  Remember back when Wonder Woman had an invisible plane? When did Aquaman suddenly become almost as strong as Superman?

I think the realism of taking place on Earth with real named cities get me too. Think doing "live action" that helps put it into perspective. 

How come we never see Wonder Woman's plane anymore? Did she forget where she parked it? Does she fly commercial nowadays?

Edited by Frosty

• Founders
2 hours ago, Frosty said:

How come we never see Wonder Woman's plane anymore? Did she forget where she parked it? Does she fly commercial nowadays?

Probably the former which has caused the latter.