Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Pontiac Sunburst

Is this the least collectible Pontiac of all time? Time will tell.

http://autoweek.com/article/classic-cars/least-collectible-pontiac-ever

Other forgotten Canadian-only Pontiacs:

Arcadian - version of the Vega and later the Chevette

Tempest - version of the Corsica

Firefly - version of the Geo Metro

G2 - version of the Daewoo Miatz / Chevy Spark

Sunrunner - version of the Geo Tracker/Suzucki Sidekick

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Can't say I'd ever even heard of it. They mention the Firefly ... which was a decent car for what it was. The intercooled turbo was actually pretty nippy. I had a shot at buying a convertible .. but it was an automatic. Damn thing couldn't beat a bicycle off a red light.  I'm still in the market, but the 3 convertibles I keep seeing on Kijiji are all far overpriced.

Well Shit!!! Seems I just missed on at the gov't auctions. https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm?snc=wfsav&sc=enc-bid&scn=247897&lcn=397321&lct=L&srchtype=&so=ASC&sf=ferm-clos&lci=&str=1&ltnf=1

Dead battery ... and I suspect keys probably weren't handed in when the vehicle was seized. This didn't get any bids? that sucks.

Fired off an email to see if it's still around. Who knows ... I might have found something better than a Yugo.

Edited by Professur

So call them up and make an offer over the phone. I am sure someone with any cash is better than a no bid. I've never seen any government agency say "no" to money. Of course, bid low since you will have to spend a lot of time and gas on TransCanada 1 to bring it home.

Hmmm ... carfax says it has 4 reports for that VIN. Anyone have a carfax acc't?

A little more prowling ... looks like stolen, lien, and salvage. Can't get the details tho. No chance of a reply from a gov't office on a friday ... gives me the weekend to day dream about having the most unique 'pontiac' around.

Edited by Professur

Well, something to be said for time zones.

Thank you for your interest in this vehicle.  Unfortunately, there were no bids when the auction closed, so the department had the vehicle sent to an auto-wrecker. It was destroyed in late March or early April.

I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news! 

I hope you have a good day.

One less in the world. Back to hunting Yugos.

I had a buddy of mine in highschool had the Chevy Spectrum.  We would call it the scrotum.  It was so small next to my 77 Impala.