Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Air (Smog) Pump Check Valve Location

I have a 2003 Bonneville SE and I'm looking to replace the Air (Smog) Pump Check Valve but I haven't the slightest idea where it's located. Any help would be appreciated. Here's a pic of what it looks like....

2N1011__ra_p.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Pure guess but is it attached to the air intake? Those hose connectors on the right side look like it might...

We do not seem to have a 2003 Bonnie Owner's Manual on file but we do have a 2004: 

I didn't see anything resembling it up front. Unfortunately I don't have the wherewithal (or guts) to jack the back end up to start digging around back there.

Ok. Well the check engine light turned off. I had taken the car to AutoZone when the light came on and the gentleman there ran the diagnostic and it came back as the air (smog) pump check valve not functioning. On further investigation I found out that the code could actually be a few different things such as the gas cap not being secured properly. Sure enough I re-tightened the gas cap and shazam, after a couple miles of driving the light switched off. 

• Founders
3 hours ago, Jaxstarke99 said:

Ok. Well the check engine light turned off. I had taken the car to AutoZone when the light came on and the gentleman there ran the diagnostic and it came back as the air (smog) pump check valve not functioning. On further investigation I found out that the code could actually be a few different things such as the gas cap not being secured properly. Sure enough I re-tightened the gas cap and shazam, after a couple miles of driving the light switched off. 

Happens to the best of us. If it keeps happening you may have an issue with your gas cap or the line to the tank from the inlet. Happened to me in my G6, it's that lovely ethanol I'm sure.