Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Things I do in my garage

So I have been cleaning up in the garage.  I put the Fiero on the road for the year and threw out a bunch of stuff that I do not need any more or have no intention in using.

One thing I have wanted to do is to make a stand for my bench grinder. 

Cut the top out with the plasma cutter.  This was 3/8 plate and pretty much maxed out my plasma cutter.

IMG_0524_zps7nojamld.jpg

Tacked it to the 3x3 plate

IMG_0525_zpsgdsy0nco.jpg

Gussets for strength.  Probably not necessary but good practice.

IMG_0526_zpsr5fgbrep.jpg

Welded everything up.

IMG_0527_zps8awaqqiu.jpg

Tacked it to an old donated Pontiac rim.

IMG_0528_zpsdqozvbtm.jpg

Frequently checked it for level

IMG_0529_zpshihgm6in.jpg

Finished welding it to the rim.  Gussets for strength as the square tube did not have much contact with the rim.

IMG_0530_zpskvfulk0m.jpg

Done

IMG_0531_zpsqmt94bhj.jpg

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

A little rattle can paint to help ward off rust on the bare metal and she's a done. Well done buddy!

In case any of you guys are a little ticked off that he used a Rally II rim, don't. I gave him that rim for that purpose. It was a 15" rim that I had sandblasted and powder coated, intending it to be used as a new spare tire rim. It came back from the sandblast/powder coat process so badly and deeply pitted all over that the rim was not worth fixing. So I asked notallthere if he wanted to use it as a stand for a grinder. It got one more thing out of my parts stock pile too.