• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, full of great ideas for Pontiac performance, maintenance, or for peer-to-peer assistance from Professional and DIY mechanics. Also, compete in our Pontiac monthly competitions. Please register if you'd like to take part.

VibesAndTransAms

3800 swap on my 2004 Vibe?

Question

I was thinking about pulling the 3800 Series I from my Grand Prix and swapping it into my 2004 Vibe. Thoughts/comments? Anything I might run into?

Snapchat-1577604745.jpg

IMG_-6q0vn0.jpg

Snapchat-1099851461.jpg

5 answers to this question

I have seen this in Cavaliers so I say why the heck not.

Dimensions should fit as the under hood should have enough space.  You may have to go to pusher fans for a couple extra inches and re-locate the battery to the back.  Fuel system would have to be upgraded to a higher flow fuel pump.  If you are decent with a welder anything is possible.  Either custom made half shafts or adapting the GP front knuckles to the Vibe suspension.

I did read an LS1 going in a VIbe but I have lost the link.

Good luck with it

1 person likes this

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

*popcorn*

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, notallthere said:

I did read an LS1 going in a VIbe but I have lost the link.

That would be crazy

13 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

That would be crazy

This the only thing I've been able to find pertaining to a V8 in a Vibe...but damn😍

I think he was on the matrix forums with it and he got a wrecked Camaro for dirt cheap.  So he started the swap. The idea was to make a pro touring vibe. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Featured Topics

• Similar Content

• By LADYpontiac
      Waiting for other people's opinion regarding this car Pontiac .
      PHOTO FROM FINLAND NEWS PAPER I am also enjoying Pontiac and bicycle! Pretty impressive.  
    • By EZ_SLEAZY
      Hello fellow Pontiac enthusiasts,
      I am here to seek guidance and counsel. I recently had my front suspension break on me. More specifically, the lower shock mount broke free from the front passenger lower A-arm (I think it's the A-arm). Where the lower shock mount is supposed to bolt on, I no longer have those two holes. The metal broke right there, and I do not have one of those holes for the shock to mount to. 
      So here is my conundrum. I am thinking about upgrading my suspension, but I am not sure what to do first or where to begin looking. Currently, I am pretty sure I have the original setup--suspension, drum brakes, 14" PMD 5-star rims/tires. I would like to do any upgrading on somewhat of a budget, as my wife told me "You don't HAVE any money to do this!" But we will see....
      I have read somewhere before that some people have swapped in a Corvette suspension/brake/hub setup. Is that even possible? If so, how easy is that? If not a Corvette setup, what would be a direct swap? I am looking for something that is relatively easy to do, as well as relatively easy on the bank account. (see above WIFE comment). 
      So that all are aware of what car I currently have.... I own a 1967 Pontiac Tempest Custom 4-door hardtop. It has a relatively new Pontiac 400ci V8, and a rebuilt TH350 transmission. The engine has been completely redone, as well. Bored out, all new internals, heads redone, it is NICE!!! The rest of the car, however, is mostly original. And of course, those are the parts I have to work on or fix up. Case in point, the suspension issue of which I am now typing about here on ForeverPontiac. I will soon be adding a few photos of my car. But for now, I simply ask for HELP!
      I welcome information from any and all folks willing to dole out the advice. In advance, THANK YOU.
      Your Pal,
      EZ_SLEAZY
    • By Ringo64
      July 4th is already creeping in on us so we thought what better way to revamp our Social Media presences for the celebration of the Independence of our great country than with a great contest showing off America and Pontiacs!
      Reply to this topic with a picture of your Pontiac and some Patriotic background or item to enter for a chance of being our Cover Photo/background on all our Social Media sites. The winner will also get a free Forever Pontiac sticker  
      No limitations other than America and Pontiac!
    • By Ringo64
      2003 Pontiac Vibe Owner's Manual
    • By Ringo64
      2004 Pontiac Vibe Owner's Manual
Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!