Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

63 convertible

Just joining in. I have a '63 Catalina convertible on a transport, should be here Thursday or Friday. I will be picking brains as I have never owned a Pontiac. I have built many Chevy's and even the occasional Ford (but most were Chevy powered). The indian is a survivor, 42,000 original miles been garaged its entire life, how many of you have seen an acrylic steering wheel without a crack in it lately?. It will be my daily driver, probably the last personal car I will ever own. As I live in So Cal A/C is not an option and apparently to install a factory air will require replacing a section of the firewall which is not going to happen on this car so will need to explore other options but that is another thread. I very much look forward to "chatting" with all of you over the course of the build.

Dwight

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

:welcomeFP:

Wow, 42k original miles, that's amazing! Congrats on the purchase! Got any pics of it yet? Love to see them, we here are quite picture crazy ;) 

• Like 1

I have an original GM 1963 Pontiac issued shop manual got from my dads tool box 40 yrs ago. Would be happy to maybe to photo copy any info you might need out of it. There is photo of it in one of the galleries. NICE car!!

Edited by TWO LANE BLACK TOP
  • Like 1

I also looked at the wonderful photos online.  Your Catalina's colour reminds me of my late father's 62 Catalina 4 door hardtop.  Also liked Ringo's photo posted of your convertible.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Yes, this is probably where it was shipped from, it is my car. If you look real close there is a spot on the windshield a few inches down from the top edge and in from the left a pillar which looks like a bug spot. It is actually a rock chip. The only difference I see externally is that the 14 in wheels were replaced with 15 in chrome smoothies to clear the Wilwood disc brakes and the front end is down about 3 or so inches with the installation of the Alden coil overs to give it a more 60's vintage stance. It also has narrow white walls, again 60's theme. I wanted something that looked like it just came off of cruising Van Nuys blvd in the early 60's. I do still have the 14 in wheels tires and hubcaps which need to find their way to some other location, but I digress.

So if you  are looking for history you found it.

• Like 1

A post script. Doesn't look like something that eats mustangs does it?

Oh and I might mention that I have the original snap on top boot and floor mats.

That is all original chrome.

At that time it still fell into the category of a survivor.

• Like 2