Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Got any pet-peeves?

You know, little things that bug you?

Mine all have do with behavior.

1. People who stand in the isle of a store with their 23 family/friends chatting.

GET OUTTA THE DAMN WAY!

2. People who don't understand that walking is like driving.

STAY TO YOUR RIGHT!

3. People who bring their whiny kids to restaurants/stores.

You know your kids are little bastards, leave 'em home. My kids are well-behaved. I can take them anywhere. If they act up, we leave immediately.

4. People who don't use their turn signal.

The rule is a minimum of 100' or roughly 1 block prior to turning, you signal. This way, I can pull out and go if I see you are turning and it's clear for the moment.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, little things that bug you?

Mine all have do with behavior.

1. People who stand in the isle of a store with their 23 family/friends chatting.

GET OUTTA THE DAMN WAY!

Would you rather we stand next to your car? Shopping nazis suck!

2. People who don't understand that walking is like driving.

STAY TO YOUR RIGHT!

People who think walking is like driving... IT IS NOT! I can walk wherever the F**K I want to!

3. People who bring their whiny kids to restaurants/stores.

You know your kids are little bastards, leave 'em home. My kids are well-behaved. I can take them anywhere. If they act up, we leave immediately.

So your kids know when they want to leave they just kick and shout? No thank you... all kids are/can be brats...

4. People who don't use their turn signal.

The rule is a minimum of 100' or roughly 1 block prior to turning, you signal. This way, I can pull out and go if I see you are turning and it's clear for the moment.

Your rule, not mine... Turn signals are a courtesy... and I am not always a nice/courteous person!

My biggest pet peeve is that people expect me to care ABOUT EVERYTHING... just because I am in 'customer service' and I strive for 'customer satisfaction' it does not mean that I care about your personal life/family other than your CAR!

I don't care that you are getting divorced.

I don't care that you are on your period.

I don't care that your daughter got knocked up.

I don't care that you just lost your job or got a job.

I don't care that your dog is sick and at the vet.

I don't care.

Too bad I can't voice my thoughts at work...

I hate it when people 55 in the fast lane on the 5! OMG, I wanna just kill them!

I also hate it when people can't speak English in a place that basically requires it (ie: BEST BUY)

5. When people argue my pet-peeves.

They're mine. Like an opinion, you don't have to agree with them, nor should you argue about them or challenge them. They are things that bug ME.

And just so Jess knows:

California Vehicle Code Section 22107: Turning Movements and Required Signals.

No person shall turn a vehicle from a direct course or move right or left upon a roadway until such a movement can be made with reasonable safety and then only after the giving of an appropriate signal in the manner provided in this chapter in the event any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.

California Vehicle Code Section 22108: Duration of Signal.

Any signal of intention to turn right or left shall be given continuously during the last 100 feet traveled by the vehicle before turning.

Everyone is calm. I've known G8Girl since I bought my G8. She's also the FDM Queen. :bacon:

now that i know you two have been friends for a while makes me feel better. ok then, we are all good then.

back on topic.

hate it when people take up two spaces in parking lots. especially this one dumbass with a truck that parked next to me (drivers side) in college. truck was in an angle and partially in my space and was inches away from my car and worse, to unlock a G6 is only possible on the drivers side. :bacon: in the end, the truck had a nice long scratch that is unexplainable. :D

the other thing that is annoying is people opening their doors and hitting your car. or with shopping carts.

I take up two spaces. But I always park at the outer edge of the lot where no one can complain about it.

X2 on people not staying in their spot. Came out of Kohl's one day about 18 months ago (Back when I had my pImpala) to find some twat had pulled 18" forward into MY spot (facing me), and had her bumper up against my bumper.

I backed up, saw where she scuffed my plate, and left a size 13 imprint on her front fender. I figure if she doesn't care about my carm I'm not going to care about hers.

I really just hate self-absorbed, inattentive people as a whole. The ones where no one is as important as them, they only see what is right in front of them and don't think about how their actions affect other people.

I so cannot stand when people walk in large groups on a sidewalk and won't move over to the proper side when you are walking on the correct side towards them and you get forced off the sidewalk into the mud

I take up two spaces. But I always park at the outer edge of the lot where no one can complain about it.

well i can understand that.

I also take up two space, same as FDM, but sometimes with my truck, I take up two by accident, not meaning too, but some parking lots have small parking spaces :(

:P

Word. I hate businesses that make their spots so small that even a Yugo barely fits.

As for groups of people not moving over to share a sidewalk...lol. Lean forward, shoulder tucked, and as soon as they within 4", BAM! F*ckers'll learn pretty quick. Did it at a fair once back in SD. 4 punk kids walking down the sidewalk at me and my buddy (I'm 6'4/245, but he's a small guy). My buddy dropped in behind me, they didn't move. My buddy knew what I would, and he chuckled when he saw me lean in and tuck my shoulder :( )

I shouldered the one guy so hard he spun a 360. He pulled the whole "WHAT THE F*CK, DUDE!?!?!" on me. Then he saw the Glock on my hip. They shut up real quick and left.

Can you guys tell that I'm a total ass about non-courteous idiots?

I hate that kids don't get taught manners. I hate that people don't say thanks when you hold the door, or give you a little wave when you let them cut in on the road, etc. And I really hate people that screw up, get called on it, and then act like you are a dickhead for saying something or honking at them.

:( People without manners, one thing I've noticed in the younger generation, is ignorant and rude people... I've already been teaching my son the do's and dont's, so he won't be like that, cannot stand it when people are disrespectful, such as when a younger guy will shove an older person out of the way or just watch them struggle... :P

I think we need to bring back the good ole fashioned ass-whooping.

It'd be great if somebody pops off, gets smoked in the head, a cop pulls up and asks what happened and you say, "Well, Officer, he was talking sh*t so I busted his lip" or "Well, Sir, he told my mom to move her fat ass out of the way, so I popped him one", and have the cop be all like, "Well done, sir. Seems you have it under control, have a good day!"

And we need to ban helmets and pads for kids. They prevent natural selection.

I get told that I'm a prick. Why? Because I look people in the eye when I'm talking to them, I don't sugar-coat anything, and I'm totally honest. I say what I think. Screw your "feelings". You're a man, and you are supposed to have testicles. Act like it.

• Founders

Manners are a huge thing to me also, my previous roommates were the biggest inconsiderate pieces of garbage out there. They play their rap crap as loud as possible 24/7!! I'm sorry but my parents brought me up right and if I acted out of place, I got hit as simple as that. I learned when I was really little I didn't want to get hit so I didn't do that then as I got older I said oh that's why I got hit, that is wrong! Obviously these kids parents didn't care about them thus they never learned manner and they came in at 3am screaming and shit on a weekday then blast music. Let alone they stole my food, money and everything and didn't tell me. I'm a nice guy if you say you have issues I'll try my best to help you but not these fucktards. The day before I moved out I popped one right in the face when he complained I hit the circuit-breaker and turned off his music. Knocked the fucker back into the wall and he went crying into his room. So much for the tough guy act pussy!! Whole list of other balderdash that set this up to me move out and poppin this guy in the face but that's the jist of it.

Anywho other things are:

People going 20 in the left lane in a 45

People who have plates from my state and county that don't know where their going! In this day in age there are signs everyWHERE and theres GPS if you can't read!! Don't cut me off then look at me that I did something wrong, go around the block, I know its a little longer but don't cause an accident over something idiotic like that!

People from Universities who think their quarterback was gods given gift to earth. coughUFcough He isn't even if he's good theres no need to have a whole show to talk about him or show him!

If I want to go faster than you and you are in the left lane and theres an open lane next to you, I shouldn't have to go around you

Because you hate your car and/or can't drive it doesn't mean I hate my car and/or can't drive it.

eh I think that's a small bit of mine

• Founders

6. Florida drivers. :bacon:

I hate going into FL.

Believe me I find a majority of my issues are during season with you outta towners and snowbirds!!! :agreed::lol2::bacon:

You ain't got to worry about me. Driving 120,000+ miles a year = good driver.

I use my signal. I don't speed. I check my blind spot before doing stuff.

I cannot say the same for most FL drivers. :agreed: