Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

GTP from VA

I meant to get around to this last month, but my horse had other plans for me that equaled a busted talus, fractured knee, and a requirement of surgery with a long recovery.

I'm not too creative with usernames, so obviously I'm Kendra. I've been into cars as far back as I could remember. Somehow I managed to pick it up when my Dad had all but lost interest and my brother had no remote interest in cars. I valued the way my first car looked (even when I didn't know a thing about detailing and swirls ;)) and while I had some questionable taste as to what I wanted done to my car I finally outgrew the quirky and stupid cosmetic mods and moved to what mattered. Of course now I only show the GTP and drive it when I can, but I haven't messed with engine mods. Thought about it, but let it go.

My first car was a 2001 Midnight Metallic Blue Grand Prix GT. Such a fun car, I learned to drive with and ended up having my hand forced to sell it since I had a truck my parents wanted me to use instead. Don't ask, I live under their roof and the car was theirs, so I had to give in. I think I was like 17 at the time, I got my license late because the horses kept me busy.

Finally last May I found my current GTP for sale and while it wasn't local, I knew that if I got another Grand Prix it'd be a GTP and if I got one with over 100k mi. It'd be the one I have now. I didn't know Dave personally until after I started inquiring about the car. He really bent over backwards to help me with this car and very grateful he sold it to me. While I didn't need the GTP, I wanted it, and I needed to establish credit so in my opinion that was a legitimate excuse ;)

So now I've acquired a pricey hobby of detailing, having a black GTP I didn't have a choice. But it definitely keeps me busy, of course with my injury I've been pretty much limited to... looking at the car. With detailing came photography, I must say cars are so much easier to photograph than horses, they only move when you want them to lol.

Anyways, sorry for the "spacious" post, but I figured those that don't know me I'd give a bit of background to my Pontiac history. I look forward to hanging around and making some conversation and learning some new things with you all.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the welcome :)

I'm in Fredericksburg, VA. I tried to make the meet in May, but the incident happened on May 17th and I had surgery on the 19th and definitely was not up for making a trip with staples in my foot :P This next one, however, I may be able to make if I can clean the GTP up. It takes long enough having to clean it without injury, now it's taking twice as long to make it look halfway decent from a wheelchair lol.

Here are the most recent I have of the GTP:

Image11-3.png

12copy.png

04.jpg

This one was just a quick shot, it really was too bright out, but it was a day or so after the Car Show and I couldn't take the shots later that evening:

GTP1.png

• Founders

Very nice, clean GP GTP you got there!! Only thing I'd do is put some black vinyl over the front dark to give it a nice darker look.

Glad ya'll approve of the GTP :)

Do you have adapters for those wheels? They look like there from a solstice.

While they look very similar they're Chrome Mille Miglia Evo5's. If I'm not mistake they don't even produce them anymore, which is a shame, they're quite nice :P.