Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hi from Quebec,Canada

Hi,

I always wanted a Pontiac car. As a kid Knigh Rider was one of my favorite tv show. One day i'm going to own a Trans-am. In the summer of 2013 i found an used 2001 Pontiac Grand am Gt. Unfortunately it was my first car. I did not think to look at the under carriage. This car is mostly a gonner.

Since i got it, i changed all  the brakes and pads,changed the leaking intake manifold gasket, changed the water pump. Got the brake line redone. I still have the gaz line and exhaust line to change. There an exhaust leak somewhere. I also did some body work. With all money invested in this car i don't want to change it. The previous owner obviously did not take good car of their car.

Berthierville-20130723-00103.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Bienvenue. Rust repair on a unibody car is an effort in futility. The strength on the body is in layers of thin metal. Repair one and the next is already failing, and by the time you see it, it's already terminal. The wife's old 2005 Malibu is in similar condition. No feeling worse than heading a jack punch through what's supposed to be the strong points.

• Like 1

Welcome !!

Your G/A GT looks great.Because of it's age, of course there will be rust lurking everywhere, due to our harsh Canadian winters and the salt on our roads. But you do the best that you can to protect this older Pontiac. I leased a 2002 Grand Am GT with the Sun package, (Sunroof/special rims etc.), I loved this car, and enjoyed it's responsive STEERING RATIO, very quick action when needed. The 3.4 L engine had upper and lower intake gasket probs but mine was corrected under warrranty, with no further issues. I miss my Grand Am very much. You are fortunate to drive one.  Best of luck !!

• 2 weeks later...