Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Bambamm's 2009 G6GT

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but then u have to buy a gtp valence and its a waste of money, single works just fine.

Why do you have to buy a dual outlet valence? It's a rather thin piece of plastic, nothing a sawsall can't fix. Or hell, just rock the rear without a valence. Showoff the exhaust setup. :dancingpontiac:

' date='Jul 21 2010, 06:15 PM' post='33693']

Only awesome people have sedans. Duh. ;)

:dancingpontiac:

' date='Jul 21 2010, 05:48 PM' post='33687']

Why do you have to buy a dual outlet valence? It's a rather thin piece of plastic, nothing a sawsall can't fix. Or hell, just rock the rear without a valence. Showoff the exhaust setup. :dancingpontiac:

the exhaust shop that is going to do mine refused to cut the valance and im too scared to do it myself in case i FORD up.

Why not just buy a second valence? Base model G6s are pretty much a dime a dozen. I see quite a bit of them in boneyards. Find a second one and mess with that one.

Customizing isn't always about bolt ons. :indian:

Oh this what ur talkin bout?? I love the G6 but im not too fond of anything 4 door. Y didnt you get the 2 door?? ;)

Little bit of history. This Performance Red Metallic G6 is my 2nd, and it's less than 2 months old to me. In may, I got into a car accident. Old man drug his Trailblazer across 4 lanes in heavy traffic into my lane, the far left lane and didn't bother looking to see if anyone was there, just went on over, and boom, we made contact. So his insurance co took the claim and totalled out my Gold G6(sedan). I didn't want to lose everything I put into that car, so I got a newer G6(sedan). Swapped out the Intake, springs, wheels/tires, basically gutted the Gold G6 and put the mods I could onto the PRM G6. Why no Coupe? Well, only 1 coupe was for sale within 100 miles, at that time, and it was a convertible with 59k miles. Not really a convertible G6 kinda guy. There was a G6 GXP available but the dealership was not able to make the deal happen, due to some bullshit of a $4,000 administration fee from the lender that they would have to pay, and well, they just couldn't do it. DAMMIT :indian:

So that's my story. You can see both of the cars together on the 1st page of this thread.

Oh and a followup post. An Installer came in Tuesday and he hasn't been here for a couple of months. He actually asked me, "Dude, why did you paint your car" Kinda got a good laugh out of it, cause he didn't know about my accident.

Oh and a followup post. An Installer came in Tuesday and he hasn't been here for a couple of months. He actually asked me, "Dude, why did you paint your car" Kinda got a good laugh out of it, cause he didn't know about my accident.

:EDIT::P

Ha, should have played along with it.

• 3 weeks later...

8/8/2010: WHAT AM I UP TO???? Dual Valence.......I've got something in my back seat, too. Pictures of that when I'm done! Here's the valence for now!!!!

2010-08-08%2019.36.13.jpg

2010-08-08%2019.36.31.jpg

Took a little trip to Oakland today. DeadPool had an extra because he's got the AIT rear bumper for his coupe!

no joke i was JUST looking into the gtp valance today: http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/parts/gm-fascia-22712778.html

but DeadPool is a very easy guy to buy from. I got my strut bar from him.

you can say that again Adam..............Look what else I picked up off his car, too!

SURPRISE, MY OWN LITTLE GT-R EXHAUST!!!!!

2010-08-09%2007.20.08.jpg

2010-08-09%2007.20.25.jpg

I know, I know............where's the rest of it BAM? Didn't need the rest of it, I've already got the 2.5" pipes from the cat, all the way back! So I just bought the important parts! Muffler, Tails, and Tips! I NOW KNOW WHAT ALL THE FUSS ABOUT THE GT-R IS! This thing sounds awesome! I've tapped my funds to put it on, and so I'm gonna put it on this week sometime!!!!! Deadpool turned his car on before he took it off and MAN O MAN! I was like holy crap that's pretty loud.........then I though, that's going to sound so nice on my car!

Cool.

Wanna check if it's legal to take another company's exhaust take it apart re-baffle it and sell it as your own under another name?

:badGT: