Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hey. Was browsing earlier and noticed all the GAOC members here do I decided to join up. I've got quite a driveway full of Pontiacs already..

This was my first car, a 1990 Grand Am SE. Quad 4 High Output 5-speed. Fun as hell to drive. Dad bought it new in 1990 and gave it to me when I turned 16. Recently retired it since it's becoming a money pit, but I'd say it did its job quite well for being a daily driver for 20 years.

1062261.jpg

My new daily driver to replace the old GA. 2005 Grand Am SC/T. Drove all the way to CT for it! All stock for now, probably gonna get some bolt-on stuff for it but nothing major until I'm finished with the payments.

1000488c.jpg

The ongoing project. 1970 LeMans. 350 2 barrel, turbo 350 trans. And an 8-track player! Mostly stock 'cept for the new quarter panels, and a Edelbrock air cleaner. Have a set of Rallye II's that I'm in the process of cleaning up and painting.

1000277p.jpg

I half-own this one (I paid half, dad paid half). 1990 Grand Am LE SPP (Sport Performance Package). Near mind condition. Almost identical to the SE, Interior and option-wise it's a base model LE but they gave it the SE's drivetrain and body panels.

1071548.jpg

I'll post up some more pictures in the car show section later.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice I especially like the Lemans. 2 barrel carbs are absolute pigs swapping one to a four barrel would probably help out a lot. Is it the origonal Pontiac motor or did someone swap in a Chevy.

Nice I especially like the Lemans. 2 barrel carbs are absolute pigs swapping one to a four barrel would probably help out a lot. Is it the origonal Pontiac motor or did someone swap in a Chevy.

Thanks. Yeah the 2-barrel is out the door as soon as I have the cash. And yep, still the original Pontiac motor.

' date='May 28 2010, 05:30 PM' post='27444']

This guy!

Glad you came on over here. When you gonna mod the 05 already? Do work.

I'll get to it eventually lol. Got no monies 4 mahds. I got myself a JDM K&N filter though, shitz tyte.

Friend of mine has a 72 Lemans. Nice cars and he swapped out 350 for a 455. He is selling off all of his old parts. We did get a lot sold at some swap meets. Where are you from?

Friend of mine has a 72 Lemans. Nice cars and he swapped out 350 for a 455. He is selling off all of his old parts. We did get a lot sold at some swap meets. Where are you from?

Hummelstown PA, right next to Harrisburg. I'd love to put a 455 in it some day if I can get a hold of one.

Thanks. Yeah the 2-barrel is out the door as soon as I have the cash. And yep, still the original Pontiac motor.

I'll get to it eventually lol. Got no monies 4 mahds. I got myself a JDM K&N filter though, shitz tyte.

Just add sum of dat NAAAAWWWWZZZZZZZZZ.

:(

First mod I'd do, ditch the lame mickey mouse mirrors for some dual posts for now.

:badGT:

I love the Lemans especially. Yeah, 350 Pontiacs just don't get the same love as the Chevy 350s do. Everyone wants the 400s and 455s (there is no replacement for displacement). Still 350 Ponchos make good power and they can handle all the same mods to it that you would to a 400 or 455.

So what do you hope to do to it someday (when money is no longer an object? - Hey a guy can dream can't he?)?

Well if you are in the Harrisburg area, then you might be able to pick up something at the GM Nationals at Carlisle in a couple of weeks. I love Carlisle - except for the dang sideways hills in the swap meet area. Still there is way more Chevy than anything else there. Still you can find bargins if you are willing to wheel and deal. I picked up an old original chrome Pontiac knee knocker tach for $50.00.

The POCI national convention is in Charleston WV, so if you slide south a few miles, you might be able to get one in the swap meet there too.

Lastly, if Notallthere knows where there is a 455, then get it!!!! The nice thing about Pontiac motors is they are the same exterior size. Pontiac didn't have a large or small block program. The bores and strokes were different, but the dimensions of the exterior block is the same (except the 301s and 265s). So you could stuff a 455 under the hood and leave the 350 markings on it. Only a real Pontiac guy would know where to look to see if that is an honest 350 or something else. Nuthin' like a little sandbagging, if you know what I mean.