Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Here's a clue it was invented by a guy in the armed forces that came back from Korea I think... It was really the first computer, didn't have a screen at all, the only output was a flashing buttons and the input was just those switches and if you screwed up you had to start all over again ;) Hate to have written code for this thing

The case reminds me of an old DEC PDP machine, a PDP-5 or perhaps a PDP-8? It does not look like IBM blue to me, so I am not going to guess anything from IBM.

Could this be an Altair 8800?

I recognize Jedi3's Northstar.

• Founders

The case reminds me of an old DEC PDP machine, a PDP-5 or perhaps a PDP-8? It does not look like IBM blue to me, so I am not going to guess anything from IBM.

Could this be an Altair 8800?

I recognize Jedi3's Northstar.

Winner of the million internets! It is the Altair! Crazy how much this stimulated and got the PC movement going and actually led to the creation of Apple and big blue into the PC world. Contrary to popular belief a Mac users are PC users no matter what they say :bowdown:

sweet I got the bestest computer here

Wow! A digitally controlled Abaqus!!!

Winner of the million internets! It is the Altair!

YES !!!!!!

:picard::bowdown::woot:

Technology =/= Frosty. GO back to your Le Mans :)

Trust me, I'd rather spend time with more mechanical things like the LeMans or even my automotive airbrushing than with fussy electronic dohickeys. It is just what I do for a living.

I am just old enough to have lived through this technology. A buddy of mine was building Sinclairs and bread board circuits since the early 70s. I can still read Hollerith and IBM punch cards. I am just not old enough to remember Univacs.

' date='Nov 16 2011, 12:23 AM' post='61943']

You know...for as much time I'm on the internet, you'd think I know computer coding at least...but NOPE. :D

Coding sucks. I spent two hours coding a program in 3 different languages and my teacher failed me because I did it at home and she didn't believe my work was genuine. I hate that bitch.

' date='Nov 15 2011, 11:23 PM' post='61943']

You know...for as much time I'm on the internet, you'd think I know computer coding at least...but NOPE. :D

HTML FTW! :cheers: