Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What if they do Total My G6

Which G6 Should I Get to Replace My Totalled G6  

13 members have voted

Please sign in/register to vote or see results of poll. Votes will be made public once the poll closes.

I've found two NEW G6's, as they are listed from the Dealers, so full warranties would apply! Need as much input and opinion as possible, cause I think your help will be very valuable! Please post your vote and respond as needed.

I've gotta go with a new G6, if they total my car. If so, I've gotta pull my mods off the old G6 and put them on the new G6

Springs, Wheels/Tires, Crab Intake & FPU, Strut Tower Bar.......anything else I can think of that I might have forgotten.

Here are the two options. you can click for the link to view the for sale ad.

2009 Pontiac G6 NEW G6 GXP Sedan with just under 12k miles. It's the same red color as 1BADG6GT's Car.

or

2009 Pontiac G6 GT w/1SA *Ltd Avail* with less than 500 miles?

GXP Sedan or a GT Coupe, that's the question. Take a look before voting, please.

Thanks guys

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:indian: coupe! :indian: coupe! :indian: coupe! :indian: coupe! :indian: coupe! :indian: coupe! :indian: coupe! :indian: coupe! :indian: coupe! :indian: coupe! :indian: coupe!

I also forgot that if I want to keep the LED tail lights, I'll need to go with the Sedan as well................Looking more like the sedan every minute that goes by!

Well, what will actually happen would be any stock items that I've taken out of the engine compartment, that can be swapped out, I'll have to do with the current vehicle. IE.........the crab and FPU, the strut and the TAIL LIGHTS LED's, you know!

I meant rims and spoiler off the new ride... :indian:

Well I'd swap the rims with you just so I could put them onto the totaled vehicle.

Well I'd swap the rims with you just so I could put them onto the totaled vehicle.

you sold the stockers?

I say sedan. If your old and retired then a coupe with less than 1k would be a sweet deal. But your young and full of energy, you want the biggest engine you can get your hands on. Plus 12k isn't that bad at all. When I bought my 6 it had 44k and I felt like I made the deal of the century.

you sold the stockers?

I sure did, how do you think I got the windows tinted and the CRAB & FPU????

Followup question, are the Eibach Springs the same from a 2006 to a 2009 sedan???? If not, I'll need to swap back into my stocker springs and sell the eibach's. I just looked it up and they are the same application, so if this does happen, I'll definitly swap out the springs.

If your old and retired then a coupe

:indian:

:indian: but how does driving a coupe make you old? Also the 3.5L V6 is still a very good engine.

Right the 3.5 is a very good engine, especially BRAND new, however the GXP Sedan is what I'm leaning towards, just cause it's got EVERYTHING!

Right the 3.5 is a very good engine, especially BRAND new, however the GXP Sedan is what I'm leaning towards, just cause it's got EVERYTHING!

You bet its got everything including two too many doors! :indian:

Followup question, are the Eibach Springs the same from a 2006 to a 2009 sedan???? If not, I'll need to swap back into my stocker springs and sell the eibach's. I just looked it up and they are the same application, so if this does happen, I'll definitly swap out the springs.

Sweet... so you would trade? and yes the springs are the same... the only diff aplication would be for Verts.

I just installed a set of Eibachs listed as 2005-2008 in my '09.5, so yessirrreeeebob

• Founders

Joe may be old but I'm sure not!! :indian: jk joe

Coupes and the GT LX9 or LZ4 are awesome!! but if I had to redo the buying process if I could get the GXP with the LY7, I would, even if that means sacrificing and getting a sedan but your used to the sedan so its not that big of a deal.

• Founders

IT'S TOTALED! Looking into the GXP right now.

:indian: Sorry man! Hope you can get the GXP!!

How much are they giving you for the old 6? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks guys, I'm hoping for the GXP. Cross your fingers.

totaled? :welcomeFP: sucks man. well, did you take off the intake, rims, tune, tails? did the HIDs make it? atleast the ballasts? save the fogs...how about stereo? cant sell the seats? did you have an exhaust? dual valance? other audio?