Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

AIT VS GM  

14 members have voted

Please sign in/register to vote or see results of poll. Votes will be made public once the poll closes.

• Founders

Trying to decide between the GM or AIT bumper for when I get my exhaust later this summer.

I'm leaning more towards the GM one but I do like the AIT one.

GM (Cookiemonster's on G6P)

IMG_2854.jpg

AIT (Mark's of course) - except I may get it painted blue instead of his red

DSC_0143.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Well teeeechnically, AIT's kit is based off of GM's 2004 G6 GXP show car for SEMA. So they're both GM :rofl: ... But AIT. Cuzz the original GXP concept was BA.

I like how the rear diffuser is bigger and goes around the exhaust tips.

112_0802_06z%202008_pontiac_g6_GXP_coupe%20rear_view.jpg

I think the GM one would look best on your 6. You seem to like that stock look and I say you keep it that way, just do a subtle change and get the GM.

GXP FTW!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-2009-P...=item27b0b4cbef

thats what I would do if I had the money. :welcomeFP:

^^^This! it looks almost like the AIT but has a better chance at survival in a fender bender.... the best of both worlds! :lol2:

Wait, you're only getting the rear bumper, Jimmy? If that's the case, just get a dual outlet rear valence then, I've seen GT's and GTP's with them.

What exhaust you getting? Stay away from the overpriced piece of poo that is the GT-R setup.

• Founders
' date='May 19 2010, 10:30 AM' post='25475']

Wait, you're only getting the rear bumper, Jimmy? If that's the case, just get a dual outlet rear valence then, I've seen GT's and GTP's with them.

What exhaust you getting? Stay away from the overpriced piece of poo that is the GT-R setup.

Yea been wanting to change my rear bumper for a while now to the GXP then I saw that GM setup and the AIT setup. I'm really still between the GXP and GM setup, side skirts are still a possibility but I dunno. All depends where I end up financially at the end of the summer.

Definitely not doing the GT-R setup after what happened with Mark. Probably going to end up doing the exhaust Mark, or Pete now, did that you recommend.

Yea been wanting to change my rear bumper for a while now to the GXP then I saw that GM setup and the AIT setup. I'm really still between the GXP and GM setup, side skirts are still a possibility but I dunno. All depends where I end up financially at the end of the summer.

Definitely not doing the GT-R setup after what happened with Mark. Probably going to end up doing the exhaust Mark, or Pete now, did that you recommend.

Remember, they are basically ground effects kits, meaning if you only do the rear OR just the sides and rear it'll look weird because it'll look lower in the back and sides and the front will be all high.

ait rear, GM sides, AIT front, MPD hood. game-thefuck-over.

what this guy said.

ait rear, GM sides, AIT front, MPD hood. game-thefuck-over.

what this guy said.

What they said!