Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

remove foglights in torrent?

alright

two questions

number 1

does anyone know how to remove the chrome rings that are in the bumper of the torrents that the foglights sit behind.. i need to get those bad boys out so i can clean them up and make them all nice and new like

number 2

do i need to remove the chrome trim just to change the lights themselves

turns out the haynes manual for my car is not in canada for whatever reason.. normally ide just start prying on things but.. seeing as this is not one of my 15 year old pick up trucks and costs 10 000 times more for parts i would rather see if anyone knows first! thanks!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

most likely the fog is snapped in from the inside of the bumper. the chrome rings are probably snapped in from the front..?

hmm ill maybe have to get some pictures of it tommorow

the rings do look snap in because you can move them a little bit

but they are not very flexible hence why i didnt wanna try and pop them out.. but if i have to go in from behind it looks like ill have to drop the whole bumper

how about removing the head lights and working from there? or removing the splash guard and work from the bottom? when i added my fogs, i did it through the head light spot.

actually that may in fact be a good starting point.. i need to put in my new headlight bulbs anyways.. and i have to pull out the headlights to change the bulbs anyways

frig..

they sure dont make cars easy anymore!

...they sure dont make cars easy anymore!

nope. and if i remember correctly, the fogs i got may be used for the Torrent aswell...if thats the case, here is a pic of them very similar to mine. they snapped in to the inner plastic ring (the gap between the outer and inner).

28-15215.jpg

uhg

i know i had HIDs once before and 6000k is definitely what i would wanna go for..

unfortunately they have been cracking down way to much up my way with HIDs, however if i can ever get the friggen fog lights apart and cleaned up i may switch them over to HID

:D

Wait, cops bother people about that? That's a surprise.

I have 6000K, but the color looks like a factory equipped HID setup, so the 5-0 don't bug me. I've had mine for over a year now.

yeah.. seems like hunting seasons around here for what the cops is trying to get.

you also have projectors though dont you? because that makes a big difference to

problem solved.. got to the fog lights via removing headlights.. one helluva battle that was..

and the chrome trim rings are snap in but that tabs are huge i tried to push one in but it just broke so i may just be stuck with trying to order new ones unless i can find a way to remount them if the tabs do break off :D

LOL

i could glue them back in.. but comes the issue if i ever need to redo them again how could i manage to get them back out

unless i used a silicone and then just used a heat gun to re melt and remove

of course that is for the extreme case that the tabs all break

going to wait and call GM on monday see if they can get me replacement ones to work with

yeah.. seems like hunting seasons around here for what the cops is trying to get.

you also have projectors though dont you? because that makes a big difference to

Nope, just normal black housing clear corner headlights. I find all the projectors to look horrific on the GA.

Then again, there are so many factory equipped HID cars where I am, the cops don't know who has the illegal ones anymore.

I remember over a year ago, when they were trying to nail people on that, many Lexus, Nissan, Mercedes, BMW, and Volvo owners were being ticketed for OEM options on their cars, now the 5-0 ignores everyone with HIDs, so its very, very common to see people using HIDs in...shit, everything now. :D

haha yeah its the same around here for everyone with HIDs or just the bright ass blue xenons

but.. really nailing people for OE HIDs?

i find looking at OE projectors you cant hardly tell they are HIDs because of the proper aiming.

its cool for them to use every effing light on there cars to pull you over at 1am though.. especially when they are coming at you and throw on the cherries so you cant see a damn thing! and then they ask you why your were swerving lol

• Haha 1

Suffolk cops by me have mixed reputations. There's 8 precincts in Suffolk, since I'm more Eastern Long Island, the sixth precinct that patrols my area, is very laid back, as are most seventh and fifth. I guess I'm lucky, my GA just screams "ticket me" anyway. :lol2:

lol

in my area we have OPP stations in pretty well every populated town and then soem towns also have there own police services..

OPP = nay good for cars that like to draw attention

city cops = i know most of them no big deal haha

problem is OPP has most jurisdiction accept on city owned roads.. provincial owned roads is all OPP its a pain in the ass haha