Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Torrent GXP upper grilles on a non-GXP model

I've purchased on Ebay a pair of GXP upper grilles for my base Torrent thinking they would fit...

I WAS WRONG!

So if you have a non-GXP Torrent don't buy the GXP grilles... Has anyone seen other aftermarket compatible grilles?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Here is a pic of my grilles.

3641570312_1273e34bd2.jpg

Here is a pic of a GXP. Notice the the curve of the chrome trim is different on the outside. Also the way they attach is very different from the base model (one is snapped from the front of the bumper cover and the other is from the back)

501106682_1_B.jpg

Thats curious. The front fascia looks to be exactly the same on both except for the lower valance being a bit different of a design.

I would think that they should be interchangeable. GM would not make 2 different front ends for the same car just to fit different grills. or would they?

I bet they do fit, you might have to make some adjustments.

I'll post some better pics this weekend... unfortunately even if I find a way to actually fit them inside the bumper the fact that the exterior curve on the trim is different I'd be left with a gap on each side...

You'll understand once I show you the pics...

*to be continued....

I'll post some better pics this weekend... unfortunately even if I find a way to actually fit them inside the bumper the fact that the exterior curve on the trim is different I'd be left with a gap on each side...

You'll understand once I show you the pics...

*to be continued....

thats what i need...more pics.

Alright... pics as promised:

As you can see they don't have the same size & shape...

4608338485_fd1e5a26c9_o.jpg

4608338573_fde24759d7_o.jpg

4608338607_10ab8a9198_o.jpg

4608338641_056804e0b4_o.jpg

4608338717_8fb577a86d_o.jpg

Too bad they don't fit on the Grand Am :D

4608945318_e27782041e_o.jpg

well.. it could be done

with a little bit of cutting an probably some fiberglass or other sort of fill work

although.. it definitely would be far from genuine

will the seller not refund them?

What happened to the front of the GA?

I bought it like that. at 500$ and everything mechanic being A1, I wasn't going to be difficult on the body :D

well.. it could be done

with a little bit of cutting an probably some fiberglass or other sort of fill work

although.. it definitely would be far from genuine

will the seller not refund them?

No refunds as these are used had terms about the buyer "making sure it will fit your model". It's okay, I was prepared for that eventuality. I'm just disappointed they don't fit and there's no way in hell that my wife will let me cut into the bumper... in fact she wants me to stop modding it!

I got my HIDs on Ebay. 175$ CDN including shipping for High/Low & fogs (relay harness included with the H13 kit) Installed them last August and never had a problem with them!

(PM me if you want info on the seller)