Here are some pics I took a couple weeks ago. The car is two toned Factory Purpleish/burgundy and toasted marshmellow by the MN & ND DOT (if you can tell my the paint code I will worship you, since there are 2 colors almost identicle and i can't decifer which is which).
That snow pile didn't get there by hand. Part DD, racecar, and snowplow
These are from the summer 2010.
My J-body HVAC knobs. Cavalier are black and Sunfire are grey like the rest of the dash so i though black lookd better and all the grey ones I got were dirty past the point of cleaning so I cleared some and will be snading the edges to smooth them out then installing in place of the black ones.
I have aquired a number of G5/6 arrow heads (what other cars do these come on im still researching but I think any new model after about '04 had this style arrow). However I can't find a location to put them on 4th gen GAs (they fit perfectly on the bumper of 5th gens). I've also picked up some vinyl that I am starting to work with and since the black one in the pic had pink lines mixed with the red I covered it with vinyl by hand. I think i have 5 of these emblems currently.
My motor is insanely dirty as I'm too chicken to pressure wash clean it for fear of destroying electronics. Though I hope to give it a go this summer and after a good 10 washes it should look like new again I painted and polished my IDI cover and there is an Air Hog drop in filter in the stock airbox. I know its not K&N but when you look at the price of $45 for the K&N and I only paid $5.12 for the Air Hog (coincidently $5 cheaper than a factory replacement and mine was rotting through) it was well worth not getting the .1257498372HP that the K&N would give me over this. I noticed it made the intake fairly louder however once I remove the silencer and the ripple tube for some 3" pipe connecting to the stock airbox it should be alot better. I have taken some brash brushes with some dishsoap water and cleaned up the timing cover, intake manifold, as well as the cam covers so those aren't black anymore for the most part.
I was bored one day as I was attempting to black out my chrome molding strip right above the "ribs" in the side panels with vinyl electrical tape (which is a PITA BTW due to the tape being 3/4" and the chrome molding being 1/2"). Anyways I looked at my headlights and decided to go to town. I've always liked eyebrows but I was woried about loosing light with them so I took the cheap way out to see if I liked it instead of the hours of removing, taping, & painting I just mocked it up with the electrical tape. I loved it and I think it actually helped direct my light more on the road because alot of light was lost through the top of the housing. So I will be keeping it there untill spring when I can remove my housings or buy some new ones (im looking into a retrofit so to keep my car a DD i need a spare set of housings to build on) I will be painting it black in the same place as the tape is now.
I found a place locally selling universal replacement antenna so I found a shorty rubber one for $5. I also have one from the CB radio I had in my old '93 SE 3300, its got the chrome base but the reception is horrible so I rarely use it.
One day while searching craigslist I found a guy selling a set of pontiac 14' wheels for $20 but the tires were shot so I made the call to my uncle who lived about 15 blocks from him in Brainerd and he wen't to pick them up for me. My plan was to strip them fully then paint all black with a chrome lip but I think I've scraped the idea and depending on my ability to get more than the $35 total i've invested into them including the purchase price and the supplies to strip them from a scrap yard they will be gone in hopes of finding a cleaner set of wheels from a Z24 or a crazy deal on CL for some black 5-6 spokes. I need tires by next fall so hopefully I can find some by then. Anything is better than steelies and hubcaps but i'l stick wth them for now. My dad and I were having difficulties taking the rubber off the bead so we got a little creative as you can see in the video below. It works the best with air in the tire but if you let it sit for a min or two it slowly falls off the bead and pops right off. The one I didn't get on camera had air in it and as soon as the truck got half way up the board it poped off like nothing.
This first picture is from about 2 years ago of the girlfriends '03 Monte Carlo LS. Then the second is of this summer.
I think thats all for now. I'll update in due time with more and more pictures as the time comes along.