Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Car and Driver: Aaron Robinson: The Hollywood Freeway is L.A.’s Own Glittering Gutter

FeedBot

The Hollywood Freeway Is L.A.'s Own Glittering Gutter

-

The death screams of a 1948 Buick speedometer evoked the sound of a snowblower clearing piles of hubcaps. The grand broadsword of a pointer suddenly buried itself at 120 mph while the odometer switched to the mileage pacing of an SR-71 over Smolensk. After removing this big grandfather clock of an instrument, I set out for North Hollywood Speedometer, a shop known for working on “the old stuff.” I figured my transition through downtown Los Angeles would be hastened by my 10 a.m. departure, carefully timed to avoid the morning rush and beat the regular evening commuter rush that starts at 2:30 p.m. and lasts till 8. No such luck. Cars were crawling on the Hollywood Freeway like turtles on Ativan. With a sigh, I settled into my usual slouchy traffic brood: elbow sunk into the armrest, chin in palm, one finger hooked on the wheel. Having nothing better to do, I studied the shoulder detritus and the tire skids and paint smears on the wall. Over an endless mile, I passed several bumpers, many liberated wheel bolts, three smashed soccer balls, a red broom, shards of shipping pallets, a flattened cellphone, and bottles and cans of every description. In a city cursed daily for its traffic, this 11.8-mile asphalt-and-concrete Cocytus is a river of tears. READ MORE ››

-Gr1Z4U95FF8

Read Full Article

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!