Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

18 People recovering after massive gas explosion (Springfield MA)

havoc1482

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) - Eighteen people are recovering this morning after the massive explosion Friday night at 453 Worthington Street.

None of those injured have life-threatening injuries.

Nine Springfield Firefighters and two Springfield Police Officers were hurt. They suffered facial cuts and back injuries.

In addition to the emergency personnel hurt, we also know that four Columbus Gas Company workers and two civilians were also hurt during the explosion. They are expected to be okay as well.

Sheila Doiron, Communications Director at Columbus Gas Company, told 22News that when the crew arrived to a reported gas leak in the area shortly after 4:20, they immediately called for back-up. The explosion, which destroyed the SCORES Gentlemen's Club and badly damaged other nearby buildings, happened after 5:00.

Due to the widespread damage in the area, Mayor Domenic Sarno has said everyone should stay away from the Entertainment District.

The Mayor said that the Entertainment District will be closed as long as it needs to be, and that the City will be launching an "extensive investigation" into what caused the blast.

Lt. Gov. Tim Murry said "It's a miracle no one died." One building was leveled and 12 other buildings were heavily damaged. The McIntosh Building, a loft condo complex, was one of those heavily damaged residential buildings. At this point, city officials are estimating that 40 housing units are being condemned, but that more could be condemned in the future.

I was there, Massive shockwave went down the street and blew windows out, felt like someone punched me in the face. Then like a group of us ran towards ground zero. A building was completely flattened and there is severe damage to the surrounding structures

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upbBJADAWk4

Skip to 9:30

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScC9NL6evMQ

192498_4352040993843_1294658624_o.jpg

WIRexplosion112412.jpg

121123-Massachusetts_gas_explosion-AP905971658911_620x350.jpg

my girlfriend decided to quote me lol

A8a8582CIAE7qJw.png

Heard nothing about this... Glad you weren't hurt though.

Its because no body cares about Springfield I mean it is ranked 12th most dangerous city in the US LOL. That and it was a gentleman's club that exploded haha

• Founders

Its because no body cares about Springfield I mean it is ranked 12th most dangerous city in the US LOL. That and it was a gentleman's club that exploded haha

Oh Springfield... I heard that the ladies, were told to leave pronto, as in don't get dressed get out!

Tired of these Ads? Purchase Enhanced Membership today to remove them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.