Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fubar firing order?

If you guys are wondering why I made videos it is because It is easier to get my thoughts down all at once while I'm at my car rather than thinking about it while at the computer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3N-Dn7_QPU

Here is what I found in text form in case you can't view the video.

If what I know is correct then this is the diagram for my engine:

geterrollin_3.jpg

Well If that is correct then below is how my engine is set up

Distributor to Plug/Cylinder

6 to 6

4 to 3

2 to 4

8 to 8

5 to 5

3 to 7

7 to 2

1 to 1

Now I'm still learning, but to me that seems.... out of order. (*puts on sunglasses*, YYEEEEAAAAHHH)

But seriously, that doesn't seem right to me.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Bump for when my brain is working tomorrow and not dead from 12 hours of programming.

Seems right but I can't think for the life of me right now how to explain it. **see above statement**

firing_order.gif

This is how it should look. Ignore the hei year for it because they have not changed it.

Hey so I went to my gf's dad and he took a look and it is all correct. My cap had I think he said carbon streaks on it. We replaced the cap and my engine goesnt hickup anymore. Luckily I had this concern to my cap or else we'd never find out haha

Glad to hear it is running better. I imagine that cap is either:

(1) Really, really old

(2) Has a small crack in it

(3) Dwell window slide was left open

Carbon streaking is often a sign of moisture getting into the distributor cap. Did you replace the rotor at the same time. Often times the rotor can wear, foul, or corrode when this happens. I always make it a practice of replacing the cap and the rotor at the same time to be sure.

Glad to hear it is running better. I imagine that cap is either:

(1) Really, really old

(2) Has a small crack in it

(3) Dwell window slide was left open

Carbon streaking is often a sign of moisture getting into the distributor cap. Did you replace the rotor at the same time. Often times the rotor can wear, foul, or corrode when this happens. I always make it a practice of replacing the cap and the rotor at the same time to be sure.

Yes both cap and rotor were replaced. They were for his 1978 Chevy truck that has a 350 in it. It was the same exact distributor.