Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Toyota recalling 2.17 million vehicles in U.S.

Ringo64

• Founders
Toyota Motor Corp. recalled 2.17 million vehicles in the United States on Thursday to address accelerator pedals that could become entrapped in floor mats or jammed in driver's side carpeting, prompting federal regulators to close its investigation into the embattled automaker.

The Transportation Department said it had reviewed more than 400,000 pages of Toyota documents to determine whether the scope of the company's recalls for pedal entrapment was sufficient.

Loading stock quotes…

Index Last Change

TM 90.35 +0.18

+0.20%

Quotes delayed 15+ min.

Stock search

"As a result of the agency's review, (the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) asked Toyota to recall these additional vehicles, and now that the company has done so, our investigation is closed," said NHTSA administrator David Strickland.

Toyota has now recalled more than 14 million vehicles globally to fix gas pedals and other safety problems since 2009. U.S. regulators said earlier this month that electronic flaws were not to blame for reports of sudden, unintended acceleration. The company paid the U.S. government a record $48.8 million in fines for its handling of three recalls.

The Japanese automaker said it would add three models to the 2009 pedal entrapment recall: about 600,000 4Runner SUVs from the 2003-2009 model years; 761,000 RAV4 compact SUVs from the 2006-2010 model years; and 17,000 Lexus LX 570s from the 2008-2011 model years.

The recall also includes 372,000 RX 330, RX 350 and RX 400H vehicles from the 2004 through early 2007 model years and 397,000 2004-2006 Toyota Highlander SUVs and hybrid versions to replace floor carpet covering and retention clips on the driver's side that could interfere with the accelerator pedal arm.

Toyota also recalled 20,000 2006 through early 2007 GS 300 and GS 350 all-wheel drive vehicles to change the shape of a plastic pad embedded in the driver's side floor carpet that could cause pedal interference.

Toyota spokesman Brian Lyons said the company was unaware of any accidents or injuries related to the new recalls.

Looks like they still are having issues...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

;):driving::ditto: their new commercial tells me that 80% of Toyotas built back in the day are still on the road.

:picard:

I love the "How would you use Toyota technology?" ones, I'm always like I wouldn't because it might have unintended acceleration :slap:

How will I use Toyota technology? To get out of all the speeding tickets in school zones.

That freakin company is floating in enough bullshit to fill Lake Huron.

Lyrics by The Bloodhound Gang - Disco Pogo

"This Party's a Toyota 'cause we don't know when its stopping"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Q0dvktgzU

I got the recall letter for that pedal/floor shave.... What a waste of paper and no, GM isn't going to reshape my floor! I might get the recall done... next time I'm at the dealer.... in 2015...