Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New guy. just purchased an 05 gto

got an 05 gto 6spd..

cant wait to mod this thing..

first thing goin on it after it arrives is tint, intake, and hopefully exhaust and a tune. still researching headers for em and short throws.

big plan is sts turbo setup but i may play with a cam for awhile.

18339647925.289889458.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.561x421.jpg

18118928729.289889458.IM1.04.565x421_A.561x421.jpg

18118928731.289889458.IM1.06.565x421_A.561x421.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE goat! got SAP grilles on it and everything! i HONESTLY recommend pacesetter headers. lets be real, headers are just piping. end of story. people will be kooks nutswingers and tell you you MUST spend 1300 dollars on headers and midpipes for kooks. me? im gunna be buying my headers and midpipes for under 600 bucks.

Welcome to the site!

Clean goat, and you already have a game plan I see.

As for the headers...Pacesetter? Make sure they're ceramic coated, Pacesetters are notorious for rotting away after a few years, ESPECIALLY if the car sees winter use.

• Founders

:)

Nice looking Goat! Awesome you got the SAP recessed grilles from the start!

I've always firmly believed that you get what you pay for, there are some things that are good and cheap in price but the vast majority will be cheap in quality or something is wrong with it.

Welcome over, this guy had a very nice turbocharged cobalt ss/na before this. So I can only imagine what will be done to this GTO.

Welcome, and gorgeous GTO!

On the subject of headers: Be very aware what you are paying for. If you aren't buying them from a company, be sure to get pictures of them from every angle, and better yet see them in person. I know this is logic but my roommate had a serious problem with his headers, and he is one of the most obsessive compulsively careful people I know, especially when it comes to a big purchase like that.

WELCOME! :)

I'd get Kooks 1 7/8" if you are planning to go FI. You'll need the extra size and you'll notice that about 90% of the FI Goats have the Kooks 1 7/8".

yes they do coating on them. and if you read on LS1GTO about pacesetters there are plenty of people who have had them for a long time and they work perfectly and still look great

lol ya dont remind me 01cav. im startin to miss the balt.

but ya. im looking into either pacesetter, jba shorty and mids, or obx lts for headers.

ive never been a believer that price= quality and ive seen enough threads on obx and pace setter to know that theyre most likely a good choice. 1300 bucks for a set of headers is ridiculous. i could get some custom made at my local shop adn they be exactly like the koos for less so i definitely will chose wisely..

pics of the balt btw

cotm1.jpg

cotm6.jpg

cotm7.jpg

cotm4.jpg

• Founders

I've never been a fan of the CF leave the trunk and hood black look but I think this might be an exception because this looks pretty good.

What numbers were you pulling with the balt?

f

I've never been a fan of the CF leave the trunk and hood black look but I think this might be an exception because this looks pretty good.

What numbers were you pulling with the balt?

its actually not cf. its all paint, hood roof and trunk

i ran a 13.9@109 my first time at the track with it..on 10psi.. then i dynoed a paltry 242 whp and 267 wtq on a mustang dyno here that was an extreme heart breaker..

the following week i ran a cobra with 2.7 pulley that put down 430 whp on another mustang dyno and he only pulled me by half a car to a car on 4 runs..

f

its actually not cf. its all paint, hood roof and trunk

i ran a 13.9@109 my first time at the track with it..on 10psi.. then i dynoed a paltry 242 whp and 267 wtq on a mustang dyno here that was an extreme heart breaker..

the following week i ran a cobra with 2.7 pulley that put down 430 whp on another mustang dyno and he only pulled me by half a car to a car on 4 runs..

but u realized....there is no replacement for displacement.

i could have sworn i saw a balt just like that down in so cal while mark was dealing with the cops.... :lol2:

oh well...

nice to have you on the site!

EDIT: I was right.... GO TO 9:44 on the video below, in front of the red balt...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1rHpt0oDn4

BUMP

is that you?

lol no thats not me but i believe his s/n is hb/sstc on cobaltss.net. i recognize his car. he actually has the cf trunk and his roof and hood arent black like mine are.

got my goat today actually. gonna take better pics and give it a build thread later on... sucker has magnaflows on it already..

haha yeah i was gonna comment that the exhaust wasnt stock lol but i thought id let you find out for urself hahahaha

sheck it out

2005 6.0 m6..

coming from a 5 speed turbo 4 banger. lol its hard to remember to throw it in 6th gear lol..

and wtf have i been missing??? u dont have to downshift like ever unless u go to a complete stop... 10mph 5mph.. doesnt matter. no need to downshift. just keeps on truckin.. gas mileage is gonna suck but idgaf right now. 6th gear and the mpg reading thing make it fairly decent. i drove all day and the fuel gauge only went a tick including all of my random romps lol.. im really liking this car.

car came with polished stock 17s, wut looks to be 15% tint on the fronts and magnaflow exhaust... im gonna check tomorrow to see if its got anything else.. i couldnt really see cuz its too low on the sides but ill find out.

some small teaser pics...lol.. it was dark when i left the dealer.

IMG_20101216_002312.jpg

IMG_20101216_002323.jpg

IMG_20101216_002329.jpg