Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

GM commercial thanks taxpayers for the bailout

GM commercial thanks taxpayers for the bailout

gm-ad.jpg

General Motors is trying hard to move forward after everything that has happened in the last few years. The auto giant would not be here without the help of the government and the hard-working taxpayer. In a brand-new 60-second holiday ad spot, The General shows us that people and things can fall down or fail, but they get back back up... even if they need help doing so.

A boxer gets knocked down, a rocket falls back to its launch platform, Popeye almost drowns and Evel Knievel lands on his back instead of his bike. Each situation looks rocky but turns out okay in the end. GM shows these clips and then acknowledges its own fall while also thanking us (i.e. taxpayers) for picking it back up.

The clip is heavy on the schmaltzy side, but it's nice to think General Motors realizes who kept it in business. While we'd prefer some stock, a simple "thank you" message will have to do for now. You can see the ad for yourself by clicking past the jump and giving it a look.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3S94yoCgHQ

source autoblog.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/11/29/video-g...or-the-bailout/

I for one would like to say your welcome. :lol2:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I'm happy my tax dollars helped GM, that's for sure.

On GM's facebook page, I've seen a lot of uptight twats complaining about the new commercial, saying it's an insult. :o

I'm sure these same douchebags would love to bail out Toyota or Honda if they failed. :P

• 1 month later...

At least they are thanking the "little people"! I appreciate it, anyway.

I applause GM for that one....they paid us back and everything is on its way back. I just think that they need to keep building the cars in America not mexico. More toyotas and other imports are actually made in america then domestics.

Blame the unions (UAW) who think that every single factory worker needs to make +$70 an hour. Our own manufacturers outsource to cut labor costs. While labor issues are non-existant for the foreign companies.

• 2 weeks later...