Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

no name3's 1965 LeMans

2021 April
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Hello To Everyone in the Pontiac community. Ive had a IG page on my car for about a year now. If you want to go check it out it's @g6.GXP. I usually don't post a lot due to my work and Finacial situation but when I do anything to my car I'm usually on top of it whether it's to post or even fix. I do post more stories than I do posting on my wall. But anyways I'm brand new on this website hopefully looking for help to upgrade my car in the best possible realistic way and maybe hope to meet "GOOD" positive people in the community. Maybe build a bond a link up at car meets or such. Hoping to find a lot of answers while being on here and look forward to talking with everyone about their cars. I'm not very knowable with cars but I'm very intrigued to understand and learn more as I go. I also love when people have the same car as me whether it's an 08 or 09 but overall I prefer the G6's (GXP) and G8's (gt,GXP). 

I am currently looking to take my governor off and tuning my car. Before I do that though I would want to get better brakes and the whole 9 yards. Also currently looking for wilwood brake kit for my car. (Rotors, Calipers and pads of course.) I'm not looking for "help" with my build but would appreciate any opinions or recommendations that will help to make my car faster and stronger. 

Look forward to seeing your thoughts 💭 

A few more details... car is completely stock as of the moment of making this post. My check engine light is on because I need a back catalytic converter. Need a new oil pressure switch too.

133F80AB-48D5-479D-BCB1-3B4198D42C93.jpeg

1B41D577-8952-4062-AE8C-042B0EAA1B02.jpeg

98EC9A92-7B16-48D8-BB1B-3B13618DD644.jpeg

C7C55AA6-31EF-4383-AA4D-BE3E385DAD80.jpeg

700BD2E6-92FD-4D9E-AEA0-DE473599E87F.jpeg

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome, cool ride!

• Like 1

Welcome to FP and the madness. As a fellow Michigander, I hope you will be able to make the Tri-Power Pontiac/Buick/GMC shows we have planned iin the Detroit Metro area for this summer too.

I am not entirely certain that Wilwood has a brake kit for the G6. I couldn't find one listed on either the Summit Racing or Wilwood's websites. You may need to call Wilwood directly if you are set on them as a brand. PowerStop does have drilled and slotted rotors, pads and some performance calipers for the G6 - available thru Summit. EBC and Stop Tech make drilled and slotted rotors as well. MGP makes cool colored brake caliber covers. However, I am not finding a large choice of multi-piston calipers like you might find for the GTO. Most calipers I find are stock replacements.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Welcome, cool ride!

Thank you she is me and my wife's child 🙏🏼💯

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Frosty said:

Welcome to FP and the madness. As a fellow Michigander, I hope you will be able to make the Tri-Power Pontiac/Buick/GMC shows we have planned iin the Detroit Metro area for this summer too.

I am not entirely certain that Wilwood has a brake kit for the G6. I couldn't find one listed on either the Summit Racing or Wilwood's websites. You may need to call Wilwood directly if you are set on them as a brand. PowerStop does have drilled and slotted rotors, pads and some performance calipers for the G6 - available thru Summit. EBC and Stop Tech make drilled and slotted rotors as well. MGP makes cool colored brake caliber covers. However, I am not finding a large choice of multi-piston calipers like you might find for the GTO. Most calipers I find are stock replacements.

Hi Frosty, I have a busy summer planned this year for 2k21. However do you have more information on these events for this summer? 

Yeah, ended up giving up on my search because I didn't feel comfortable buying from a 3rd party website. You do have a good point though for calling them and seeing if I can get a brake kit customized for my type of car but highly doubt they will do it lol. I am currently looking for other brands such as brembo and powerstop. I've heard you go thru brembos quite fast and heard they don't last as long as far as I read. Also a issue I ran into they don't make any brake kits for my specific car.  Power stop seems more reasonable for stopping power, price and pretty much just more realistic less expensive than the popular brands. I am still currently looking to see if I find anything else but at the moment just seems more possible to put on my car at the moment so I at-least have something visual to look at and it's not plain lol. I will definitely check out those other brands too for brakes thank you for the feedback I appreciate it 💯. Eventually in the future I plan on getting Brembos custom made for my car or wilwoods. 

• Like 1

Welcome to the site. Very nice ride you've got there.😎

• Like 1
On 4/7/2021 at 12:05 PM, G6GXP said:

Hi Frosty, I have a busy summer planned this year for 2k21. However do you have more information on these events for this summer? 

Yeah, ended up giving up on my search because I didn't feel comfortable buying from a 3rd party website. You do have a good point though for calling them and seeing if I can get a brake kit customized for my type of car but highly doubt they will do it lol. I am currently looking for other brands such as brembo and powerstop. I've heard you go thru brembos quite fast and heard they don't last as long as far as I read. Also a issue I ran into they don't make any brake kits for my specific car.  Power stop seems more reasonable for stopping power, price and pretty much just more realistic less expensive than the popular brands. I am still currently looking to see if I find anything else but at the moment just seems more possible to put on my car at the moment so I at-least have something visual to look at and it's not plain lol. I will definitely check out those other brands too for brakes thank you for the feedback I appreciate it 💯. Eventually in the future I plan on getting Brembos custom made for my car or wilwoods. 

On 4/7/2021 at 12:36 PM, JUSTA6 said:

Welcome to the site.  As Frosty said a few of us meet up N run together all summer.  Hope you can join us.  Join N watch the Great Lakes discussion at the bottom of the forum list.  Post any shows cruise nights ect for all of us to check out, as well as what we post.  I would like to extend an offer to join the Pontiac Widetrackers.  Short notice but we have a meeting Saturday at the Golling dealership on M24 in Lk Orion at 3pm.  Yearly dues are only $18.00 for the Widetrackers and also a chance to join POCI if your interested.  Very active club with monthly activities including our annual show the  DUSTOFF held in June.

The first event is the Widetracker's Spring Dustoff scheduled for Saturday, June 12th at Springfield Oaks County Park in Davisburg Michigan - hosted by the Michigan Widetrackers POCI chapter

The second event is Motor City Summer Round Up scheduled for Saturday, July 10th at at Baker's Restaurant in Miflord Michigan.

The third and final event is Bob Sellers Buick-GMC's Indian Summer show scheduled for Sunday, September 26th at the dealership - 38000 Grand River Ave in Farmington Hills Michigan

As JustA said, the details for each show will be posted in the Great Lakes Region. In fact, I have already posted the details for the Spring Dustoff show.

Edited by Frosty
On 4/10/2021 at 12:38 PM, blue81ta said:

Welcome to the site. Very nice ride you've got there.😎

Thanks Man, she's coming along. Going to be getting Powerstop brake system with red calipers, new taillights and windows. Follow my IG for updates... @G6GXP