Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

1Batimobil's 1967 Catalina

2021 February
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

L83 and 6L80 in 63 Catalina.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Awesome start already Old Guy! Thank you very much. I can't wait to see your next installment. This is hot rodding at it's finest.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Nice job on the engine and the write up! Waitin on the next chapter. :pop_corn:

• Like 1

Great write up old guy.... and here i was thinking any engine  would fit piece of piss into a big frame like a wide tracker!!!! 😏 NOT haha:cheers:

i think you did a great job old guy👍 well done and great detail :cheers:

is that injection pressure correct at 2600 psi ?

i can relate to the walbro pump, i bought a kit from tanks inc and it came with a walbro  in tank pump, very happy with it as i had done my home work on them and all comments i found said they where a good pump..

i did like your idea of installing the pcm inside the car, makes for a happy pcb👍

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

So I read on the injector pressure that it can go that high. I do know that with all the sound deadening off of the engine the injectors click like valve noise.

Now you know why this will be my last car. I don't have another build like this left in me. I would have liked to have had this combination when I cruised Van Nuys boulevard in the 60's. Maybe my memory is rusty but I do not remember ever having anything this fast back then.