Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Mizzi's 1959 Star Chief Vista

2021 June
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

This will make you smile

2 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Gonna be much higher in NZ as they have to add in the shipping and all paperwork, taxes, duty's, import  ect.

yes true! but i bet Danny has it listed at the landed price... oh sorry i should have said...this is my mate who brings cool old cars in all the time from your side of the ditch.... thats how i got my dodge ram... oh and a couple of 57 chevs way back :) :driving:

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

He would most likely be paying around 4k for shipping, and another 1 k for tax and bs 

and his mark up too... which is fair call, this is his job these days... got make a dollar aye !:cheers:...

oh and he knows me, i dont make money, i justA buy cars to keep... FULL STOP ! hahaha:cheers:

i would give him a call, but i think the boss would kick my arse if i go buying more toys right now when she wants to add on to the house ! ..... 

having said that .... you do ONLY live once !!!:rofl:

• Haha 1

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

On 6/1/2021 at 1:20 AM, 64 kiwi boni said:

I read the sticker - it's a California car/build. That means it has a Chevy 305 V8 under the hood. Californians got a $50 credit back in the day for the 305 because it was smog legal in California. 49 state cars got the Pontiac 301.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

I read the sticker - it's a California car/build. That means it has a Chevy 305 V8 under the hood. Californians got a $50 credit back in the day for the 305 because it was smog legal in California. 49 state cars got the Pontiac 301.

so Frosty, this one is a chev engine ?? 

According to the sixth line of the sticker option is 

LG4 5.0:liter (305) 4-bbl  V-8 engine

That was a California only. motor. The only other two V8 motors available in 81 were the Pontiac 301 and the Turbo 301.