Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

58Bonne's 1958 Bonneville

2021 September
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

FItzy - what sort of cam are you thinking of going with for the old girl?

Degreeing a cam (in theory) should be done to insure maximum performance, helps prevent piston-to-valve contact, and protects against assembly error. If you are going with a custom grind, degreeing would be a must. A stock and near-stock grind not so much but still a very good idea.

I suspect the best person to talk to on this subject maybe Two Lane. He has built several big blocks in the past.

Edited by Frosty
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

Uh, sure. But if I screw it up and end up coated in a blizzard of metal flakes and busted valves, don't laugh too hard.

:rofl:Everybody knows the valves go throught the pistons 1st. Kinda like rock/ paper/ sissors.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Uh, sure. But if I screw it up and end up coated in a blizzard of metal flakes and busted valves, don't laugh too hard.

mate you wont !!

yeh of little faith !!! :cheers:... i have already learned your a thinker !

you know your shit 👍... plus it will be fun!! you learn ...... we learn !!! how bad could it :dancingpontiac:get ???

image.png.b0b9d83c76ceaaeb3f1c983c7b24874e.png

• Haha 1

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Yep. See that mushroom cloud? That's the initial start up of my expensive totally overhauled engine. That small lump of charred flesh on the ground, holding a wrench? That'll be me.

No that will be our appliance company if they don't show up again.  Been without a washer N drier for 3 weeks after they missed the 1st delivery.  Hauled our old working stuff outside to promptly sit out in the rain.  Already missing the 1st 3 days of vacation at the cabin and getting ready for the bow deer season.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

Dignity and respect are way over rated mate! Especially with this group of idiots! :cheers:

i will drink to that !!! hahaha:cheers::stars:

6 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Already missing the 1st 3 days of vacation at the cabin and getting ready for the bow deer season.

oh, takes some pictures if you get any deer JustA 👍

JustA watch out for those bears!!!:unsure:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Yeah Justa......watch out for them bears!!!! :rofl:

image.thumb.png.4ee3529f108d4c136de40d503092c7f2.png

Bears are all I have to worry about.  Deer season doesn't start til Oct 1st.   Have an hour left on the window to deliver the damn washer N dryer.  Wife is bouncin off the walls.  Headin out to mow the lawn.

car_police_zpsbe37c72c.gif

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Haha 1

• Founders
9 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Whats wrong with with critters?  They get into places you wouldn't believe....AND they make great sandwich.😎

image.png.2a3dc52a71a5b75b7516207fd6b8d585.png

puke GIF

• Haha 1

Fitzy, have you had any dealings with pontiworld.com.au  

Dave clee ?

Edited by 64 kiwi boni