Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

no name3's 1965 LeMans

2021 April
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, I'm going to suggest we close this, admittedly refreshing topic of dinosaurs & spiders, and get back on track. I don't need another scolding from Ringo! However, I WILL post this photo

we lucked out. spent a week there and not a single time did it rain. some of the most friendly people we ran into there for sure. spent many long nights in pubs  

i can relate too that too fitzy, way more fun building it your self👍

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Lookin real good.

• Like 1

Lookin good bro :cheers:

On mine its justa piece of chrome that's actually connected to the panel bro. Unless you mean under the back glass and I misunderstood. In which case its call a package tray, its basically think cardboard with fabric over it. I can get you a picture of it to if you'd like. 

I like the stroker idea :dancingpontiac:

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

sitting nice Fitzy :cheers: i have justA finished my front end an hour ago and i am happy with the front ride height, but the back it too low !!image.png.46834f2f67efd726e660719ee28644d4.png

• Like 1

Hey Kiwi, I was going to fabricate a couple of 10mm rubber spacers and sit them on top of the rear springs to give it that slight rake to the front. That might be a solution for you if your rear is a bit low.

And Wrongway, there must be something that sits directly under the rear window but on top of the parcel shelf. In other words, the stainless trim goes around the back window at the top and sides, but what happens at the bottom? All I found was the rusty remnants of what looks like black painted steel channel, about 2" high.

Kiwi, one last thing. I asked Wrongway about this: since your interior is in good shape and complete, can you (at some point) have a look at what sort of trim sits beneath the rear window, inside the car above the parcel shelf? All I found in mine was the remnants of rusted out black painted steel channel, about 50mm high. I should post a pic of what I have but I'm too lazy to prise myself out of my armchair right now.

• Like 1

Ok bro, so this is all that I see on top of the package shelf. I looks and feels like hard black rubber to me.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Kiwi, one last thing. I asked Wrongway about this: since your interior is in good shape and complete, can you (at some point) have a look at what sort of trim sits beneath the rear window, inside the car above the parcel shelf? All I found in mine was the remnants of rusted out black painted steel channel, about 50mm high. I should post a pic of what I have but I'm too lazy to prise myself out of my armchair right now.

Will do fitzy 👍