Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Damon Lewis' 1977 Can Am

2021 July
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

1964 bonneville rebuild

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

note to fitzy , dont worry mate !

once you post updates on your thread i will pop in with the little bit of abba, George Thorogood and some jimmy barns:rofl:

54 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

STOP PRESS: I just got the phone call - car will be here in 30 mins. 

you have to show us the upholstery job mate :dancingpontiac:

• Haha 1

WARNING.....if this get's to Boy George,  I quit.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Smh... wow... just wow. lol

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Frosty said:

BTW - my dad listened to ABBA.  

so did my late grand ma... 💞

Posted (edited)

For fitzy's info and any one else rebuilding their carter 

i started my carter rebuild with a edelbrock kit and as stated above there are parts that justA don’t work 

like the carb base gasket 🙄

The one that comes in the kit is as good as useless for anything but a race car with a single plane intake manifold !!

A3DD7E0F-CA52-4DB9-9DEA-407B8E04F4EE.jpeg

as you can see the stock 389 manifold is a dual plane and needs for all 4 barrels to be sealed to its port individually! 

3212A4E4-64AB-46BC-B71D-6960086BCFA9.jpeg

this is the gasket that was on there a really thick one, that i am guessing helped combat heat soak 

B99E1BC0-2901-4700-A7B2-BF95DF883F4B.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hey Kiwi, can you give us a pic of your installed oil adapter? I want to see the angle and how much it protrudes. I think I'll do the same. Did you buy from Rockauto? 

Posted (edited)

i do have one job that has to be done before i fit the long branch headers!! 

the paint i applied has to be baked for 20 mins at 175c .... so i need to stick them in the bosses oven.... i might justA wait till she goes to her mothers for the night and if it stinks the house out i have time to air it !!! hahaha :dancingpontiac:OR

i did think about using the pizza oven.... it might do the job, justA use a infared thermometer and tune the temp to 175... hmmmm which way will be easier🤔

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

i do have one job that has to be done before i fit the long branch headers!! 

the paint i applied has to be baked for 20 mins at 175c .... so i need to stick them in the bosses oven.... i might justA wait till she goes to her mothers for the night and if it stinks the house out i have time to air it !!! hahaha :dancingpontiac:OR

i did think about using the pizza oven.... it might do the job, justA use a infared thermometer and tune the temp to 175... hmmmm which way will be easier🤔

You get that smell in the house....it will be your arse!!!!!!!!!!!:badGT:

• Haha 1

Not enough Preparation H in world for that either!

• Haha 1

hmm, guessing the pizza oven might be the safer idea!! hahaha:rofl:

5 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Pizza flavoured headers, Preparation H, what have I been missing out on? Remember when we used to talk about Pontiac related items?

Whenever I see Prep H on the shelf, it reminds me of Homer sneaking into a store to pick up incontinence diapers, and then he almost made it back to his car wearing sunnies and an overcoat when over the loudspeaker the sales clerk announces that he's forgotten his bed wetting alarm (I think) loud enough for the entire store and carpark to hear. Good ol' Prep H, sounds much nicer than haemorroid cream. We have another product here called Femfresh, which sounds more discreet than Honey Flavoured [email protected]#t Spray.

I can't make this stuff up......

Oh, I'd say we are WAY off topic! But it's funny! 

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 1