Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

no name3's 1965 LeMans

2021 April
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Molly, my Golden Retriever, is a bed pig (on my bed of course). She's suppose to be my kid's dog, but you know how children's promises go. She's 9, he's 20.

Hay guys I didn’t show you my score .... these are the personalised plates I got for the 64 

Dear Gawd - Can you imagine Fitzy and Kiwi physically getting together for beer and a parts run???? It would be the southern hemisphere equivalent of GE showing up at notallthere's house in Canuc

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2021 at 12:54 AM, JUSTA6 said:

Amazing amount of work!   You da man!

thank you JustA, you have been there done this all already, so i am kinda justA doing what you did, BUT yours is a GTO :bowdown:

On 4/26/2021 at 8:19 PM, Fitzy said:

Shit hot. A vast improvement and it's sitting nice, too. 

mate you can hi jack any time 👍

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Frosty seems to think the occasion will degrade into the usual pool of mud, blood & beer. Hey, we're not going to Michigan!

It'll be a night of cerebral conversation, fine wine, some tapas and perhaps a few donuts at midnight in one of Kiwi's 9 cars - or perhaps we'll use all of them.

hehe... what frosty doesn't know Fitzy, is that we live on a nice quiet country road... and tucked away under her blanket, sitting waiting, is a beast that frosty would love to drive,

he would love to own too !!

And you n  i can go burn some rubber in, we can post the pics back here for Frosty to  spin his wheels over  !!:driving::rofl:... the clue as to what i am banging on about????

plum crazy.:bowdown:

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

hehe... what frosty doesn't know Fitzy, is that we live on a nice quiet country road... and tucked away under her blanket, sitting waiting, is a beast that frosty would love to drive,

he would love to own too !!

And you n  i can go burn some rubber in, we can post the pics back here for Frosty to  spin his wheels over  !!:driving::rofl:... the clue as to what i am banging on about????

plum crazy.:bowdown:

This should be posted in NEVER grow up.....BUT seems to apply here. 

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

This should be posted in NEVER grow up.....BUT seems to apply here. 

hahahahahaha!!! love it :rofl::driving::rofl:

Hey, was watchin sprint car racing @ Winston Springs today om MAVTV.  Anywhere near you?

1 hour ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

No mate , that’s in Auckland 3 hours away , but I have been there 

it’s a really old track that they want gone ! But the fans have kept it alive !

gota have big balls to drive a sprint car !!! 

It was some good racing.

How much is petrol per litre in Oz or Aussieland these days? I know that gas is around $2.85/gallon near me. $1.30/liter near Toronto near Dualquadpete.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Frosty said:

How much is petrol per litre in Oz or Aussieland these days? I know that gas is around $2.85/gallon near me. $1.30/liter near Toronto near Dualquadpete.

Don't move to california about $4.00 for regular

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

Guys I need a little bit of help here , this is my first carter carb and while I know to turn each idle screw in till the engine slows then back out 1/4 to half a turn

how do I set the middle air by pass screw ? 

2D948C77-8DCA-459D-BD9E-EBB8DAA976C0.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
  • Founders
3 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

$2.10 to $2.40  nz  for 91 octane :stars:per Litre !

We’re about $3.40 a gallon here for 91. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Guys I need a little bit of help here , this is my first carter carb and while I know to turn each idle screw in till the engine slows then back out 1/4 to half a turn

how do I set the middle air by pass screw ? 

2D948C77-8DCA-459D-BD9E-EBB8DAA976C0.jpeg

I googled 'carter afb air bypass' and came up with a wealth of info:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.curbsideclassic.com/blog/tech/carburetor-classic-the-carter-afb-has-it-really-been-63-years/&ved=2ahUKEwiplb2UranwAhWDzDgGHXvoD5kQFjABegQIFhAC&usg=AOvVaw0TtvPIA9F06GS6oOQfh6c6

Also check thecarburetorshop. Heaps of good info.

• Like 1