Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

1Batimobil's 1967 Catalina

2021 February
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

I don’t think your fender is off a 64 

mine are way wider at the bottoms edge 

I can see what you mean about the different shape ... I will take a shot of both of mine from the outside when I get home from work mate 

so you can see the width difference👍 

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don’t tell Smokey Yunick that! Those cars dominated NASCAR in the day mate!

New Teflon brake hoses thanks to my brake shop mate, who is also making me a Teflon fuel line with a-n fittings from the pump up to the  carter  these babys will not expand when those big brake dr

Molly, my Golden Retriever, is a bed pig (on my bed of course). She's suppose to be my kid's dog, but you know how children's promises go. She's 9, he's 20.

Posted Images

Ok cool, thanks. If not a 64 then I'm back to searching pics on the internet. :lol:

A lot wider at the bottom in front of the wheel arch mate, and square down from the head light bucket tooC675696D-93EE-482B-9A3A-DD68FB00C9B4.jpeg

5D166262-3380-429E-AC09-CC4951E9D164.jpeg

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Wrongway said:

Ok I misspoke bro. I think its my passengers side fender that may be from a 64. Take a look, do you see it bro?

Fender D side.jpg

Fender P  side.jpg

Fender D side 2.jpg

Fender P side 2.jpg

One curves at the very end and one is straight.

Fender Kiwi.jpg

Fender D side 3.jpg

Fender P side 3.jpg

i would justA cut the lower section off mate and stitch on the lower section off another fender to match them up.

To tell you the truth, that drivers side fender looks to have been altered, i can see stitching along justA under the head light bucket🙄

• Like 1

There's nothing like the feeling of flipping the pages. I get it bro. lol

• Haha 1

I'm not seeing the issues under the head light bro. Maybe you can point it out. The only issue I see is where the primer is. The story I was told was that the body was in "perfect" condition until a couple of weeks before I bought it. He was pulling out with his trailer and "cut it to sharp" hooking the fender. It looks like it pulled the fender forward about 1/2 inch, ripped a hole in the fender and bent the hell out of the bumper.

1 (2).JPG

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Wrongway said:

I'm not seeing the issues under the head light bro. Maybe you can point it out. The only issue I see is where the primer is. The story I was told was that the body was in "perfect" condition until a couple of weeks before I bought it. He was pulling out with his trailer and "cut it to sharp" hooking the fender. It looks like it pulled the fender forward about 1/2 inch, ripped a hole in the fender and bent the hell out of the bumper.

1 (2).JPG

Do you have any side shots of the fender to bumper? that would show what the shape is supposed to be?

• Like 1

Iv got a couple pics bro, I'll send them in a message so we don't distract anybody from your build bud.

• Like 1

Ram air restorations got back to me, they are short of long branch headers until the end of February, but i have asked Paul to give me a costing to ship a whole kit to me, including manifolds, gaskets, oil pump alteration kit, flanges, and bolt kit..

I am more than happy to wait for a good product:cheers:

So i can justA replace the whole log set up and i am sure it will be worth the cost... super keen to here from any one who has done this too their Pontiac engine!!  🙄

And really i have shit loads of other small things to do between here and end of feb.... i am sure the boss would agree🙄and they are not bonni related 😞 

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 1

Awesome jod brother!:cheers:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Frosty said:

You've done quite well.

So are drive shaft safety loops mandatory on all RWD  cars in New Zealand? Or just for cars over a certain age?

Yeah mandatory for any modified car that has to be certified for alteration 

like a engine swap etc 

for my car it’s justA piece of mind when you want to hammer it and you know if you smash a yoke or universal that you ain’t going to have this great big shaft coming up through the floor like a blade 😀

or digging in and flipping the car ! 

• Like 1