Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What's the price of gas where you live?

stratman

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I saw it for $1.99 tonight on our way to downtown Rochester to look at the city's downtown Christmas lights. I will have to take a picture of it.

• Like 1

Lowest is $2.49 a gallon for 87 by me. But that's the cheapo shit. BP, Shell, Sunoco, Hess all float around $2.69-$2.81 a gallon.

The drop in price is supposedly because of OPEC lowering prices, from oil being drilled out of North Dakota. I'm digging up more info on it.

$1.78 for cash, $1.86 for credit at the Sunoco near my dad's house. Saw it for $1.80 cash and credit at the Admiral station near the old AC Spark Plug plant.

I saw it for $1.589 near my dad's place this weekend.

Ran across this interesting fact today.

Using the Consumer Price Index calculator ( http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=0.35&year1=1968&year2=2014 ), if the price of regular gasoline was .35 cents per gallon in 1968, today's price for regular gasoline should be $2.38. Given that calculation, gasoline at $2.20 per gallon is equivalent to .32 cents per gallon. So I guess we shouldn't complain. Just hope it keeps on dropping!

• Like 2

Beats hell out of me. It was not that long ago we here the highest in the lower 48 when a couple of Midwest oil refineries were shutdown at the same time and they had to ship refined oil/gas from other parts of the country. Other parts of the country were paying $3.40 a gallon and we were over $4.25.

I picked the kid up from school today. It was back up to $1.999 - $2.089 near my house. My dad's neighborhood always seems to be the cheapest in the county. No idea why.

I went to the gym this morning, gas is back up to around $2.089 there too. So about a 30-50 cent jump in gas from the weekend.

Some of the joys of living in Michigan my friend. Its always been this crazy, and I can't explain why that it is. I suspect that by Thursday, the price will come down a few pennies a gallon or it will go up a bit more in anticipation of the weekend. Gas prices usually go up near long holiday weekends, so M L King weekend should see a price increase.