Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Thinking about picking up another G6

Since I am currently deployed, once I come back we should have everything paid off and be debt free. I was thinking about getting a DD and keeping the GTO in the garage to keep the miles off it, since it's the "play time" car to begin with.

I was looking back at a G6, since I kind of miss my old one. If I got one though it would be a coupe GT and I don't want to spend more than $8k. Since I'm way out of the loop on the G6 since I got rid of mine back in 09, how's the reliability on them these days? How are the 07+ 3.5s holding up?

HALP.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just under 60k. Benefit of running 2 cars for the past 2 years now.

Yeah, I'd probably end up running the G6 into the ground... It would be racking up miles like its cool. haha

• Founders

Yeah, I'd probably end up running the G6 into the ground... It would be racking up miles like its cool. haha

I'd say I average about ~100 miles a week on it. My schedule has been nice with working from home on some days :D

Plus for some of my long travels to see friends and family I've been taking my moms Terrain as I've needed to transport things so its been a while since I've been in a long car trip in either of my cars :(

I'd say I average about ~100 miles a week on it. My schedule has been nice with working from home on some days :D

Plus for some of my long travels to see friends and family I've been taking my moms Terrain as I've needed to transport things so its been a while since I've been in a long car trip in either of my cars :(

That's not a lot at all. I'd be doing about 40-50 miles a day... lol

Off Topic: I can't edit my location in my profile, I get an error every time...

lol knowing you, you'll sell whatever you get in a couple months anyway :lol:

How are you trying to edit it? Via the forum or tapatalk?

Nah, I'm not so like that anymore. I've had the GTO and G8 GT for a while now! haha

I'm editing via my computer/forum.

• Founders

Ah, yeah, you have nothing on owning a car for 8 years though like me :lol: . You should be able to get a good G6 for $7-10k though.

That's weird. Through a browser, everything should be fine. What's the error? Just not saving or is it saying you are using an illegal character?

Ah, yeah, you have nothing on owning a car for 8 years though like me :lol: . You should be able to get a good G6 for $7-10k though.

That's weird. Through a browser, everything should be fine. What's the error? Just not saving or is it saying you are using an illegal character?

LOL yeah, that'll take a while for me.

This is what I get:

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10218]

One of the fields you filled in requires values in a specific format, but the value you supplied did not meet this format ('Website URL').

Need Help?

oh man. here we go again. what this gonna be your 5th G6? jus go ecotec and turbo, problem solved. i as well have a good working '06 G6 that jus reached 70k miles. partly due to sitting as well as a broken cat. :D

Maybe I should look at a Saabaru (Saab 9-2x)? lol

lol saaabaru.. subaru with funny looking badges..

i put like 250ish a week on my outback and did the same on my old legacy. never had a problem with either.

Might be a space or something clear it to be sure lol

Got it to work... that was weird.

oh man. here we go again. what this gonna be your 5th G6? jus go ecotec and turbo, problem solved. i as well have a good working '06 G6 that jus reached 70k miles. partly due to sitting as well as a broken cat. :D

3rd. Shut up. :lol:

lol saaabaru.. subaru with funny looking badges..

i put like 250ish a week on my outback and did the same on my old legacy. never had a problem with either.

Hmmm...

so 1 G8, 2 GTOs, 3 G6s. whats next? :P jus playing. would you make it as nice as the black one?