Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

markpetersonii's 01 Ranger XLT 3.0

2001 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0

Bought May 2009 - $5200

Mod List:

- Fabtech 5.5 (Came with truck)

- Body Lift (Came with truck)

- Weld Racing 15" (Came with truck)

- 6" Fiberglass Fenders ~ $180/pair

- 33x12.50 15" General Grabber Red Letters ~ $850/4 tires

I'll start from the beginning;

I bought the Ranger, initially as a DD for my Pontiac G6 that had (at the time) recently been in an accident. This is what it looked like when I bought it:

DSC_0004.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

About a year after that I rear ended a Chevy Suburban that cut me off and I have been working on fixing it since (the owner and I decided to leave it out of insurance). Here are some pics of the extent of the damage:

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

I recently bought some 6" fiberglass fenders off Race-Dezert and got them put on as well as I replaced the radiator and all the hoses and threw in a 160* thermostat.

Pics of the fenders on and my fiance helping take off the fender while I was putting on the other side.

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

As of right now, after she's running again, I'd like to replace the Fabtech with the Camburg 5.5 Off Road Performance and remove the body lift.

Ordered a new radio bezel last night, along with a new header plate, radiator cap, oil drain plug, windshield washer pump and Haynes Manual. I should have all this in by the end of the week.

Today I need to go to Ford and order the bolts I need for the intake manifold, because apparently I have the most unique engine ever and no other 3.0 that I could find had the same ones. I also need to find a 2010 radio harness for my radio (out of a 2010) that I got for free.

I'm also getting new tires on Today, General Grabber Red Letters.

I figured I'd make a thread on here since I won't have the GTO for much longer... especially once I fix the truck.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good progress can't wait to see the outcome!!!

You found another buyer? SWEET! I'm in the process of parting ways with the 6 myself... I won't get my hopes up, but I may have a potential buyer too!

taking pictures while you make Nina do all the work :lol2:

Cool little truck though!

She's not doing all the work, she's stripping screws is what she was actually doing lol

Good progress can't wait to see the outcome!!!

You found another buyer? SWEET! I'm in the process of parting ways with the 6 myself... I won't get my hopes up, but I may have a potential buyer too!

yeah, thanks. Hope you get what you want for it. I'm not with the GTO.

She's not doing all the work, she's stripping screws is what she was actually doing lol

yeah, thanks. Hope you get what you want for it. I'm not with the GTO.

How much are you getting??? F it lets swapp!!! Nina wants a 6 and I want a GOAT.... WIN WIN!!!

Um... are you hauling bricks? why is the front SO jacked up? i noticed one is on an incline but the other... hrrrrmmm.

its the baja style lift. everyone in cali has it, then drives them down paved roads on recline. its nearly as cool as hellaflush.

Um... are you hauling bricks? why is the front SO jacked up? i noticed one is on an incline but the other... hrrrrmmm.

It's aptly nicknamed the "bro lift." It was that way when I got it. The entire suspension will be changing once I get my money from being at Miramar. I hate the way it looks but I don't have the money for the suspension I want.

Engine wise, I'm happy with the 3.0 for now but it'll probably be getting swapped down the road for a 5.0 out of a fox body.

Anyway, I just got my new tires and they will be getting mounted next week. Just waiting for the rest of the parts to come in now, hopefully shell be running by next weekend.

Got my new tires! ;) General Grabber Red Letters.

17e3e3ed.jpg

I love them, they will be going on next week and the current tires will be getting sold to a guy on DezertRangers.com

I have also been doing some research on more suspensions and I finally have realized that I will not be getting the Camburg 5.5 Mid travel kit. I think I'm going to piece together my own Long Travel kit and run that, along with Deaver springs in the rear.

Price is kinda up there but it'll be a sweet DD and Desert truck once its done!

I'm also thinking about getting different wheels. I'm not really liking the current ones right now. I'm liking these ones: ( http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-511-887-ro...sher-black.aspx ) until then, I may just paint the current ones.

I really like the tires :cheers: the wheels are not my thing. As we know black wheels are not my fav thing in the world. :)

I really like the tires :cheers: the wheels are not my thing. As we know black wheels are not my fav thing in the world. :)

Thanks and well, as much as I hate chrome, I was looking at the chrome versions of those wheels and thinking they'd look pretty good... BUT, I'll be doing my Black/Red theme with this truck so I didn't want to do the chrome thing.

Chrome ones: http://www.racelinewheels.com/p-208-887-rockcrusher.aspx

The only thing about the chrome ones is that they look pretty darn close to the same ones I have already lol

the red on the tires could make up for the black wheels thou. I dont think the red tires work with the chrome and they are close to what you have now.

the red on the tires could make up for the black wheels thou. I dont think the red tires work with the chrome and they are close to what you have now.

Ah, see? :) Black it is then. haha I thought it would be that way.

Can I have your rear axle/dif/brakes/everything? :lol2:

:) um...it still runs. :cheers: and honestly, i have no plans for it till later later way later. can you wait that long?

:) um...it still runs. :cheers: and honestly, i have no plans for it till later later way later. can you wait that long?

So? haha lets trade then. :lol2: I'm just kidding, kinda... I am looking for an Explorer rear end though, they have better brakes than what I have.